Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Infrastructure for bikes near me is non-existent. Just some signs slapped around saying "share the road" with a picture of a bicycle. I like biking, but I still hate all the cyclists that insist on riding on windy back roads with no shoulder and a speed limit of 40-50mph. They're worse than the Amish and their horse and buggies.

My last job was 6 miles from my house. I really, really wanted to bike to work but the risk was not worth it. The CEO of that company was hit and killed while out jogging along a nearby road.

I'm very much on the fence of where I end up living right now. If I find a very "bike friendly" city, that would instantly put it up as a contender.
    I ride a bicycle regularly but have found bicyclists to be some of the worst, most hypocritical people out there. They’ll yell and scream at drivers about “observing the rules of the road” but for the most part spend their time breaking every one of the same rules. And do NOT get me started on the outfits...
    Way Too Much Crap

2. PDF FF Champion 2014

What, you don't like tight spandex and shaved legs? lol

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    What, you don't like tight spandex and shaved legs? lol
    It’s such a... uniform. And just so g***amn GOOFY.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I ride a bicycle regularly but have found bicyclists to be some of the worst, most hypocritical people out there. They’ll yell and scream at drivers about “observing the rules of the road” but for the most part spend their time breaking every one of the same rules. And do NOT get me started on the outfits...
    Ha.

5. Blind and Faithless

At least I'm not the only one that doesn't understand the "kits" cyclists wear. I see them all the time at a coffee shop I frequent, and they always come swaggering in as if they're the biggest badasses this coffee shop has ever seen... but they're just a bunch of sweaty, middle-aged dudes in excessively tight spandex looking ridiculous.

6. Drumming Since 1943

At least I'm not the only one that doesn't understand the "kits" cyclists wear. I see them all the time at a coffee shop I frequent, and they always come swaggering in as if they're the biggest badasses this coffee shop has ever seen... but they're just a bunch of sweaty, middle-aged dudes in excessively tight spandex looking ridiculous.
    There’s a really cool bistro in rockland county NY that I frequent when I’m on my Harley. It’s also a HUGE stop off off these cyclist people. The outfits I see In there are... straight up comical.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Boom.

8. PDF FF Champion 2014

Haha, I'm not a Middle Aged Male in Lycra (MAMIL), but I always wear a kit when I'm out for a road ride. It's more comfortable to not have excess fabric flapping in the wind and creating chafing in uncomfortable spots when you're turning the pedals thousands of times. Tight fitting clothing makes a significant difference on a 2+ hour ride in terms of speed as well (more "aero"). If you're just riding down to the corner shop or riding to work, definitely not necessary though.

Plus shaved legs are sexy, makes it easier to see muscles.

9. Blind and Faithless

Haha, I'm not a Middle Aged Male in Lycra (MAMIL), but I always wear a kit when I'm out for a road ride. It's more comfortable to not have excess fabric flapping in the wind and creating chafing in uncomfortable spots when you're turning the pedals thousands of times. Tight fitting clothing makes a significant difference on a 2+ hour ride in terms of speed as well (more "aero"). If you're just riding down to the corner shop or riding to work, definitely not necessary though.

Hey, I guess I shouldn't knock it till I try it... I have bike shorts I wear for rides, but otherwise it'a just whatever t-shirt I was already wearing and sneakers. Cyclists seem to look at me like I'm an idiot for wearing such a barbaric outfit, so guess ot goes both ways

10. Usurper Title

Is that how that works? All this time my muscles have just been hiding under my hair.

Hey, I guess I shouldn't knock it till I try it... I have bike shorts I wear for rides, but otherwise it'a just whatever t-shirt I was already wearing and sneakers. Cyclists seem to look at me like I'm an idiot for wearing such a barbaric outfit, so guess ot goes both ways
    That's like the folk who look at me like an idiot because I often day hike in street clothes (jeans, t-shirt, cotton hoodie in the shoulder seasons). I just like to save the wear and tear on my fancy/pricey technical clothing for the real hiking trips.

So, yeah, I may be an idiot (hiking in jeans sucks), but at least there's a method to the madness.

11. PDF FF Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Is that how that works? All this time my muscles have just been hiding under my hair.
    Just wait 'til you experience the feeling of smooth legs sliding into clean bedsheets... *mmmmmmm*
    That's like the folk who look at me like an idiot because I often day hike in street clothes (jeans, t-shirt, cotton hoodie in the shoulder seasons). I just like to save the wear and tear on my fancy/pricey technical clothing for the real hiking trips.

So, yeah, I may be an idiot (hiking in jeans sucks), but at least there's a method to the madness.
    Haha, cyclists can definitely be super-judgy too, but I can't think of any particular time that people have made fun of someone for wearing "regular" clothes, as long as they ride safely and aren't a liability.

I get it though, there's stages to getting into a hobby. First you don't have all the gear/clothes, so you feel a little like an imposter with all the people who do have the "stuff". Then you get the "stuff" and you start to look and feel like you belong. Then you advance and don't even use the "stuff" because you've been doing it so long you're past caring what other people think.

12. Drumming Since 1943

I’ve been shaving the whole kit n’ kaboodle for YEARS. Otherwise, it’s gorilla time. Like, bad. I should buy stock in Schick or Bic.
    Way Too Much Crap