Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast
Results 613 to 624 of 637
  1. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    And the small child passed out on the floor?
    I've seen this before at big concerts......




    Some people just can't hold their liquor and wind up missing the whole darn show! LOL!
    I'm kidding of course, but that's an interesting spot to take a nap.
    Last edited by Blk Diamond; 06-11-2021 at 06:19 AM.
    Kevin

    Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

    Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

  2. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    kids disrupt everything 100% of the time. I can't understand why anyone would want one when you can get a dog instead.
    Iíll tell you this, I was pretty much the same way for the first 30 years of my life. When I found out my wife was pregnant, I was actually stoked! Iíve had a ďpracticeĒ wife, and when you find the right person and everything just clicks, AND youíve never really been against having kids, youíre just happy that it happens before you turn 40! Lol, not everyone wants to have kids and thatís perfectly fine. Iím glad my brother found the girl heís with because she doesnít want kids either. What bothers me is people that shouldnít have kids that have them anyway...

    Also...
    Name:  A0E6F764-C272-4CC4-9DC1-BBA274AD16E0.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  31.3 KB

    I mean, come on!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    QFT!!!!1
    What does that mean?

    I know you arenít having kids, so Iím assuming its something agreeable?.

  3. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    I’ll tell you this, I was pretty much the same way for the first 30 years of my life. When I found out my wife was pregnant, I was actually stoked! I’ve had a “practice” wife, and when you find the right person and everything just clicks, AND you’ve never really been against having kids, you’re just happy that it happens before you turn 40! Lol, not everyone wants to have kids and that’s perfectly fine. I’m glad my brother found the girl he’s with because she doesn’t want kids either. What bothers me is people that shouldn’t have kids that have them anyway...

    Also...
    Name:  A0E6F764-C272-4CC4-9DC1-BBA274AD16E0.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  31.3 KB

    I mean, come on!!!



    What does that mean?

    I know you aren’t having kids, so I’m assuming its something agreeable?.
    It means “quoted for truth”. Basically an acronym for “THIS”.

    Kids are fine but people insist on bringing them into places they shouldn’t be. At least that’s how it is around here.
    Way Too Much Crap

  4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ocean
    Posts
    19,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Sweating is the one thing that keeps me from using my bicycle more as a definitive mode of transportation. I suffer from Hyperhydrosis- definition: I sweat like a wildebeest in heat. Even in the winter, if Iím bundled up and work up a sweat, the result is the same, I arrive at my destination SOAKED. Bicycling remains exercise, not transportation unfortunately.
    Thereís this guy I do aikido with and within 10 minutes into class heís dripping in sweat. Itís so bad that itís incredibly hard to hold on to him.

  5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ocean
    Posts
    19,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Thatís called a ďtantrumĒ and I guarantee that he disrupted the show- 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    kids disrupt everything 100% of the time. I can't understand why anyone would want one when you can get a dog instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    QFT!!!!1
    Here are my kids enjoying themselves at a festival I played back in the day.

    Name:  BF35F20B-D75B-4585-B9C9-C9D16D64CEE4.jpeg
Views: 59
Size:  72.4 KB

  6. Usurper Title

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,766

    Default

    Well, I'd be pretty chill too if I were painted up as a kitty and hanging out in my off-road wagon.

  7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ocean
    Posts
    19,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Just wait 'til you experience the feeling of smooth legs sliding into clean bedsheets... *mmmmmmm*
    That sounds a little too metrosexual for me.

  8. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    That sounds a little too metrosexual for me.
    Hey! I resemble that remark!
    Way Too Much Crap

  9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ocean
    Posts
    19,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post

    Also...
    Name:  A0E6F764-C272-4CC4-9DC1-BBA274AD16E0.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  31.3 KB

    I mean, come on!!!
    She is gorgeous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Well, I'd be pretty chill too if I were painted up as a kitty and hanging out in my off-road wagon.


    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Kids are fine but people insist on bringing them into places they shouldn’t be. At least that’s how it is around here.
    I will take the young kids I once had over these smart mouth teenagers I now have any day.

  10. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Thanks Dale.

    My main point was, I’ve had dogs, and still do, and I love them. But I’ve never loved something so much as my child. To the point where if one of those dogs that I love did anything bad to Macy, I’d be done with them instantly. The love you have for a dog is nothing compared to the love you feel for your child.

    I had no idea. Like, if I had to (I don’t) I’d get rid of my drums for her. Ive already cut back on my playing immensely and I think about playing all the time. So much so that I’ve considered buying an electronic kit just to play at two o’clock in the morning if I felt so inclined.

    But, like I’ve said, I know not everyone wants the same thing, and I get that.

  11. ex-hipodilski

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K_50 View Post
    In other news, I went to a concert last night for the first time in almost 1Ĺ year . A klezmer band playing at the opening of a new venue for acoustic music, just around the corner from my place.
    Was the drummer playing like this?

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Thanks Dale.

    My main point was, I’ve had dogs, and still do, and I love them. But I’ve never loved something so much as my child. To the point where if one of those dogs that I love did anything bad to Macy, I’d be done with them instantly. The love you have for a dog is nothing compared to the love you feel for your child.

    I had no idea. Like, if I had to (I don’t) I’d get rid of my drums for her. Ive already cut back on my playing immensely and I think about playing all the time. So much so that I’ve considered buying an electronic kit just to play at two o’clock in the morning if I felt so inclined.

    But, like I’ve said, I know not everyone wants the same thing, and I get that.
    I get what you're saying, but you might want to ease back on this a bit.

    I've responded to hundreds of animal bites involving children over the course of my career, and I'd say a good 75% of them were the child/parents fault. Circumstances are important.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •