Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 529 to 540 of 637
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ocean
    Posts
    19,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Remember when we met with the other PDF member at GSP for lunch? That was 2008.
    I don’t remember his real name, but his forum name was Dark Overlord.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Strange... I remember thinking like, 8-10 people made it to the shop(?).
    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    You may be thinking of a different meet up.
    There was a time early in the PDF days, maybe before Dylan’s time here, that about 8-10 of us met up at a Sam Ash just outside of NYC in NY that Will (Slipnot1) was the drum department manager.

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    There was a time early in the PDF days, maybe before Dylan’s time here, that about 8-10 of us met up at a Sam Ash just outside of NYC in NY that Will (Slipnot1) was the drum department manager.
    I miss that guy being around here. He was a wealth of knowledge and had some great stories.

  3. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    I miss that guy being around here. He was a wealth of knowledge and had some great stories.
    He’s still on my friends list.
    Way Too Much Crap

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,903

    Default

    Hes still on my friends list.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,344

    Default

    The last time I remember there being real talk about a forum meet up was in 2011. Big King was trying to get something together in Nashville and I really wanted to take part. Crazy that I'd only been on the forum seven years at that point and it's now been ten years since the potential meet up.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ocean
    Posts
    19,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    The last time I remember there being real talk about a forum meet up was in 2011. Big King was trying to get something together in Nashville and I really wanted to take part. Crazy that I'd only been on the forum seven years at that point and it's now been ten years since the potential meet up.
    We did have dinner at NAMM one year. I can’t remember who all was there besides Mike Farris, Anthony Habu-Hanna, Jim Feck (DrumART), and me, but there was definitely more than just us.

  7. Comrade Tim

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Russian Annex, North America
    Posts
    3,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    We did have dinner at NAMM one year. I can’t remember who all was there besides Mike Farris, Anthony Habu-Hanna, Jim Feck (DrumART), and me, but there was definitely more than just us.
    I was at a couple of those. Bermuda was at one one year too. Jack (hitsme). Back in the Drumrock days.

    Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

  8. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,903

    Default

    We should have a PDF old-timer get-together. There’s not a lot of us, that’s for sure.
    Way Too Much Crap

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    That would be great.

    There was a meet up at Dales drum shop a few years ago I believe? I was planning on coming up but was in the middle of a relationship ending and my mind was all over the place then.

  10. Usurper Title

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,766

    Default

    Y'all had a meet up only a few years ago, no? Sticks rode down for it, if I recall correctly.

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Y'all had a meet up only a few years ago, no? Sticks rode down for it, if I recall correctly.
    Why yes I did.

  12. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Maybe that’s the one?

    I remember seeing a group shot... more than 6 people, less than 12... maybe outside a drum shop?

    Idk. Ive never met anyone from the forum directly even though I know of a few that live right here in Phoenix.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •