Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by doomonyou View Post
    New Tama stuff is up on their site
    Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Videos on You Tube as well.
    This is the highlight for me... will likely get one later this year.

Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Reverb Listings ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay Auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

2. Playing since 1976

But there is also another very interesting snare... the thin-shelled 7x14 Starphonic Walnut.

Website ===> CLICK HERE

3. FKA Tasty808

I literally saw this and immediately thought you'd have to get it to complete the trio.

Name:  image-4119612036.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  67.7 KB

Looking forward to seeing it with cast hoops and tube lugs!!!

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    I literally saw this and immediately thought you'd have to get it to complete the trio. Looking forward to seeing it with cast hoops and tube lugs!!!
    I will eventually get one... but first I have to sell some to make room. These Star drums come in boxes that are twice the size of a typical snare drum box.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

5. FKA Tasty808

I can only imagine... dude, you should make a time lapse video when you get your next snare!

Scene one: unboxing.

Scene two: before pictures.

Scene three: time lapse of hardware swap.

Scene four: after pics from same angle and lighting as before. Side by side comparing before and after pics.

Scene five: a quick sound clip.

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I will eventually get one... but first I have to sell some to make room. These Star drums come in boxes that are twice the size of a typical snare drum box.
    Boxes? Do you store the drums in the original boxes?

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Curious to see if DW will be coming out with any Slingerland drum products.
    John Good will be announcing that his travels across the globe in search of the best tone wood has led to the discovery of Shackleton’s Endurance, buried under the Weddell Sea, off the coast of Antarctica for over 100 years. The preserved wood is said to sound like angels, and 100 limited snares, named the “Shackleton,” will be produced.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/sycamore)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) and Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

8. Registered User

John Good will be announcing that his travels across the globe in search of the best tone wood has led to the discovery of Shackleton’s Endurance, buried under the Weddell Sea, off the coast of Antarctica for over 100 years. The preserved wood is said to sound like angels, and 100 limited snares, named the “Shackleton,” will be produced.
    Lol... Realistically, I just want to get a 8 lug mahogony shell with maple support rings reproduced like my Slingerland SD produced in the 60's. When I joined the military in 1983, my mom sold my kit which was very cheap minus the Slingerland SD which was such a beautiful sounding drum. Look forward to paying for a reproduction!

9. Drumming Since 1943

This is pure, unadulterated WIN.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. NO KIT TOO BIG

That name rings differently in the UK, can't help but think about this advert, you know!

Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

11. Drumming Since 1943

Actually, I’m imagining that DW will be producing a one-off tribute kit in honor of Neil. Wouldn’t surprise me. Seems like
    something Good would do, despite that fact that Neil would’ve hated the idea.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Actually, I’m imagining that DW will be producing a one-off tribute kit in honor of Neil. Wouldn’t surprise me. Seems like
    something Good would do, despite that fact that Neil would’ve hated the idea.
    Possibly, I guess it depends what the Peart family and Rush management think of the idea! As much as I know, there's only been 2 'tribute drums' since his death. The DW made one in Gun Metal sparkle, given as a prize at the Modern Drummer online festival (and shown being unboxed by the winner here! - https://www.facebook.com/ModernDrumm...8921039609470/ )

And then there was the John Aldridge engraved brass drums. That started by Eric Singer commissioning one on a BNOB Pearl drum as a gift for his tech Lorne 'Gump' Wheaton, who was of course Neil's tech from 2002-the end. Off the back of this, I think John did a run of 6 BNOB DW snares, one for the charity auction in NP's name, and 5 others for collectors with a donation to the same charity. But that's as much as I know. Anything DW would release would fly off the shelves though, that's for sure. (You can see Gump's Pearl snare here https://www.facebook.com/DrumTalkTV/...3525424391916/ )

I think John Good originally wanted the Timekeeper snare they released last year to be associated with NP, but from what I heard in an interview taken at NAMM last year, Neil had declined the offer, I'd assume wanting to keep his low profile, and knowing that his health was declining by that point, not wanting to have a fuss around him was generally the way he wanted to be.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!