Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. FKA Tasty808

Default NAMM 2021... eh?

The usual "what would you like to see THIS year(?)" thread...

The only thing I've stumbled across as far as spoilers go is the Cardinal just received his new Session Studio Select kit in the new Scarlet Ash finish. Looks pretty cool. I love a good flat finish with chrome hardware.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Registered User

phx-az since 1978. The best sunsets occur during the monsoon season June-Sept.

Would it kill Pearl to just finish the kick drum hoop? Just doesn’t do it for me. The rest of the finish looks kinda cool
    "Now just a minute. This is a press conference. The last thing I want to do is answer a lot of questions."

United States Army General Maynard M. Mitchell
    Press briefing. Korea 1950

3. Drumming Since 1943

What’s a “cardinal” and I’m 100% with Insane on the unfinished hoop thing. It is absolutely MADDENING that Pearl flat out refuses to finish the inner hoop. Makes otherwise impressive kits look cheap.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    What’s a “cardinal” and I’m 100% with Insane on the unfinished hoop thing. It is absolutely MADDENING that Pearl flat out refuses to finish the inner hoop. Makes otherwise impressive kits look cheap.
    https://pearldrum.com/artist/david-c...-cardona/19166

I had to google it. Never heard of the guy.

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    https://pearldrum.com/artist/david-c...-cardona/19166

I had to google it. Never heard of the guy.
    Shoulda known:

YT drummer
    The word “life” anywhere in the band name
    “Cardinal” nickname

PASS
    Way Too Much Crap

6. The Hardware Guy

Been saying the same thing about unfinished kick hoops for years. Even ELX's used to have fully finished (lacquered) bass drum hoops back in the day, now even top line kits don't.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

7. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Been saying the same thing about unfinished kick hoops for years. Even ELX's used to have fully finished (lacquered) bass drum hoops back in the day, now even top line kits don't.
    My '03 MBF Session SRX kit has finished hoops....my VBA (gig) kit does not. My monster studio kit (Session Studio Select) does not. Guess it's not something that really sways my decision on a kit over sound...actually never really paid attention to it.

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Agreed, and get rid of those stupid tube mounts for toms.

9. Registered User

Lol, show some respect to our feathered friends!
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/sycamore)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) and Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

10. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Lol, show some respect to our feathered friends!
    yeah ... birds .. lol .. and some peoples Princes of the Church

11. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    yeah .. ELX's had finished hoops in the early 80's .. I know Pearl says half finished hoops saves time and cuts costs .. but still .. not everyone likes that half @zzed finished look

Pearl wise .. everything Masters Maple Reserve and up has fully finished hoops
    Last edited by BadAstronaut; 12-06-2020 at 10:19 AM.

12. FKA Tasty808

There are several drummers I follow on social media because they are fun to watch. I like certain drummers for their chops, some for their sounds, and some just because they crack me up.

Some great drummers to check out on Instagram are
    Gunnar Olsen (@Gunbuns) always changing his set up, has a blast playing.
    David Cardona (@Thecardinal_cardona) great sound, plays Pearl, mad rock chops.
    Brody Simpson (@Brodysimpsondrums) and Dan Mayo (@Mayodrummer) both play A&F drums, always change things up, some of the most unique sounds out there right now. These guys make me think of Jojo and I believe their ability to mimic the processed sounds used heavily in modern music keeps them ahead of the curve.
    Then we have Justin Scott (@jscottdrummer) and Wojtek Deregowski (@Wojtek_Deregowski). These guys have such a great sound, change up their kits in nearly every video, have mad chops and are extremely fun to watch. Wojtek is like a young Thomas Lang.

I also follow the usual suspects, including Benny Grebb, Jojo Mayer, Todd Sucherman, Ash Soan, Stan Bicknell, and Aric Improta.