Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 30 of 30
  1. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I even sense a new ride in my future...
    I know from your overhead pic of your kit Dylan that you currently have a Sabian HH ride (22" I'm guessing).

    What are you looking at ride-wise as a possible contender to add to your collection, or replace your current ride with?
    Kevin

    Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

    Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

  2. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post
    I know from your overhead pic of your kit Dylan that you currently have a Sabian HH ride (22" I'm guessing).

    What are you looking at ride-wise as a possible contender to add to your collection, or replace your current ride with?
    It’s a 21” HH Raw Bell Dry Ride. I love it but am looking at a 22” HH Power Bell ride.
    Way Too Much Crap

  3. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Its a 21 HH Raw Bell Dry Ride. I love it but am looking at a 22 HH Power Bell ride.
    Ah a 21". Excellent ride.

    I too love 21" rides.
    For some reason I tend to gravitate towards the sound of a 21" when given that option. That doesn't mean that I'm not open to some other great sounding non 21's out there, I just happen to usually dig them sonically.

    I currently play a 21" Paiste Signature Full Dark Ride. They've been discontinued for a few years now, as Paiste is wont to do with fantastic cymbals.
    Here's a sound clip of what my ride sounds like from Paiste's discontinued sound files: http://www.paiste.com/products/cymba...de_pattern.mp3

    I love the sound of my ride and wouldn't get rid of it unless I had to, but if I was going to add to my meager collection, here's a few that I been looking at recently.

    1) Zildjian 21" K Custom Hybrid Ride: This ride has to my ears the sound of something like the ride cymbal on "Riders On The Storm", or the ride cymbal on the Blues Brothers version of the "Peter Gunn Theme". Definitely lends itself to being more crashable then my current Paiste. A nice, clear bell on this one too. For some reason I like this one a little better than the Sweets.

    2) Paiste 22" Signature Reflector Bell Ride: Now here's Nicko's weapon of choice! This ride has a nice wash and a bell that sounds like the tolling of Big Ben itself. Do I really need that kind of power?....Heck yeah! Perfect for the garden club social with the trio and such. LOL

    I checked out the sound clip of the Sabian 22" HH Power Bell Ride on their website. That's definitely a heck of a 8" bell on that ride. A little bit lower overall tone than your 21" HH RBDR, but it is a sweet 22" after all with a strong bell. It could make an awesome addition to your HH ride collection.
    Kevin

    Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

    Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    4,606

    Default

    Awesome rig!!

  5. Starclassic Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alliance, OH
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    It’s a 21” HH Raw Bell Dry Ride. I love it but am looking at a 22” HH Power Bell ride.
    The 21" HH RBDR is seriously one of the best sounding rides of all time. Its a shame that its not a very cutting ride. I ended up trading mine because it just didnt work with the kind of music i play. I hope you find the ride youre looking for. And the kit looks great! Is maple the sound you were after? Im finding more and more that im quite partial to birch drums.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

    Formerly TreCoolFool

  6. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    The 21" HH RBDR is seriously one of the best sounding rides of all time. Its a shame that its not a very cutting ride. I ended up trading mine because it just didnt work with the kind of music i play. I hope you find the ride youre looking for. And the kit looks great! Is maple the sound you were after? Im finding more and more that im quite partial to birch drums.
    The main reason I got rid of my BRX Millennium Mist kit was the sound. I just never cottoned to the sound of birch. Maple is just more pleasing to my ear. It’s all subjective of course. The guy who bought my drums LOVES them.
    Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •