Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My bad luck

1. Registered User

Default My bad luck

I order the maple masters complete from .............. and when I received it (WHAT THE). I am in the process of them replacing this ( I hope) or I will return the whole kit. LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS.😭Name:  7B211232-9789-431C-8F24-C74502DC88FB.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  35.4 KB

2. Registered User

The first picture is the bass drum and the second picture is the 12” Tom Name:  D86E2C0B-A3C7-44B2-A97B-17E8B52C42D4.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  92.4 KB

3. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Ouch!

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Ouch!
    You beat me to it but I will reiterate....Ouch!

5. Experienced Noob

Wow, I thought that only happened with the acrylic hoops on Crystal Beats. I had 2 such broken hoops on 2 Crystal Beat kicks delivered to me. In addition to the hoop being broken, the shell on the 1st kick was cracked so they sent a whole new drum. That one arrived in better shape, but still with 1 broken hoop. Thankfully between the 2 drums I had 2 un-broken hoops so it worked out in the end. Still, it seemed like there must be a better way to pack them to prevent such breakage in transit. It's a bummer that this happened to your wood hoop.

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Still, it seemed like there must be a better way to pack them to prevent such breakage in transit.
    There is... but it costs extra money. Higher-end Sonor and Tama drums ship in boxes with multiple layers, and "crumple-zones" if you will... so that the drums are more protected. At the middle of the road (not meant in a derogatory way), companies like Pearl are looking for any possible ways to save a buck; packaging and shipping are definitely opportunities cut corners.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Reverb Listings ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay Auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

7. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    There is... but it costs extra money. Higher-end Sonor and Tama drums ship in boxes with multiple layers, and "crumple-zones" if you will... so that the drums are more protected. At the middle of the road (not meant in a derogatory way), companies like Pearl are looking for any possible ways to save a buck; packaging and shipping are definitely opportunities cut corners.
    I agree .. but you gotta admit the actual shipping companies are to blame. We've all see the videos of UPS / Fedex etc etc workers throwing boxes and or kicking them for no reason. Some workers are just aholes when it comes to other peoples property. I caught a fedex guy on my security cam taking box out of back of truck in my driveway and throwing it on my porch, when he could of just walked the 10 feet to my doorstep. lazy POS.

8. Playing since 1976

Absolutely, some delivery drivers are lazy and disgruntled. Delivery companies are the ones carelessly (for the most part) handling our boxes. Packages can also fall off conveyor belts, pallets, and backs of trucks. So whether it's accidental or purposeful, drums may take a hit in shipping. Knowing what could happen to an item in the shipping process, it's a good idea to plan for the worst. UPS recommends 3" of cushioning, all the way around an item. With most beginner and intermediate drums, the manufacturers provide no cushioning whatsoever, and hope for the best. I was always surprised that even Masterworks drums didn't come with adequate packaging.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

9. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Absolutely, some delivery drivers are lazy and disgruntled. Delivery companies are the ones carelessly (for the most part) handling our boxes. Packages can also fall off conveyor belts, pallets, and backs of trucks. So whether it's accidental or purposeful, drums may take a hit in shipping. Knowing what could happen to an item in the shipping process, it's a good idea to plan for the worst. UPS recommends 3" of cushioning, all the way around an item. With most beginner and intermediate drums, the manufacturers provide no cushioning whatsoever, and hope for the best. I was always surprised that even Masterworks drums didn't come with adequate packaging.
    Yep. That's why when I ship drums/guitars, I treat it like an egg and expect the worst to happen to it in transit. And you'd think for a MW they'd at least try. lol

10. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    Yep. That's why when I ship drums/guitars, I treat it like an egg and expect the worst to happen to it in transit. And you'd think for a MW they'd at least try. lol
    I'm surprised guitars don't get destroyed EVERY time they're shipped... they seem so delicate, and their size makes the boxes so awkward to move around.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

11. The Hardware Guy

I'm sure KPAC (or whatever he calls himself now) will be along soon to tell us it's not big deal and it's not a Reference or Masterworks, so you should be happy with it.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

12. PEARL EXX

Wow, That is bad luck, Hopefully pearl will exchange it but I’m not sure if they even sell that hoop in that color separately. Bummer