Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Cutting a vintage 16" ludwig B/O badge floor to bass drum?

Hi gang,

I have a big Ludwig kit with 12 drums and 2 16" concert toms. One I'm going to drill for bottom heads and floor tom brackets. the other one I've thought about selling, but I wouldn't mind getting a small kick out of it for gigs and not having to buy a 2nd kick drum. Is this an unspeakable act? It's in WMP and I think I could get $175ish.
    Ludwig WMP Concert Toms: 6/8/10/12/13/14/15/16/18/20/24, 15" custom snare. Zildjian.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Healthie View Post
    Hi gang,

I have a big Ludwig kit with 12 drums and 2 16" concert toms. One I'm going to drill for bottom heads and floor tom brackets. the other one I've thought about selling, but I wouldn't mind getting a small kick out of it for gigs and not having to buy a 2nd kick drum. Is this an unspeakable act? It's in WMP and I think I could get $175ish.
    If I were you, I'd sell the extra 16" tom and put the money toward a dedicated mini kit like a Sonor Martini or a Ludwig Questlove kit.

3. Registered User

I’d sell it because a someone’s probably looking for that drum, especially if it’s a 3-ply shell.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

4. Blind and Faithless

Might not be popular opinion, but I'm a firm believer in doing whatever the heck you want with your stuff and not considering resale value.

So I say do it. But, when I converted a 16" tom to bass drum, I had to add some spacers under each lug for the lugs to line up nice with the BD hoops/claws. Just something to consider.

5. Registered User

I have a guy who wants it; I think he'll give me a decent trade. I don't need the kick drum that bad.
    Ludwig WMP Concert Toms: 6/8/10/12/13/14/15/16/18/20/24, 15" custom snare. Zildjian.