Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Unban nik12

Default Hardware Solution?

Hey yall! Been messing around with a larger setup lately, including 2 rack toms, 3 crashes, and a splash. I want to be able to gig with this configuration whenever gigs start happening again so Im just trying to figure out a clean way to mount all of this stuff, keep it visually clean, and make it easy to haul on and off stage.

My first thought was to build some kind of stand/rack hybrid, mounting it off the double tom stand and the far right crash stand, effectively having a crossbar going across the front. I dont particularly love the idea of a rack because Id probably need help from someone else to carry it off stage which Im trying to avoid, so staying with stands would be ideals, I just think its a little too cluttered with stands right now, as you can see in the pics.

My other idea was to get 2 Pearl 3-hole clamps to mount the front 2 crashes from the tom stand, not too sure how Id mount the splash at that point though, but this method seems to be the winner in my head right now!

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to input! Sorry for the wonky lighting/angles from the front picture, unfortunately its all that I have right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

2. Playing since 1976

I see two small "stealth" racks, one on each side of the bass drum. One would hold the two rack toms, two crashes, and splash, while the other would hold ride, crash, and china. Each mini rack could be carried off by one person, which I think would be an improvement over how this kit would be moved with the stands. You could build these racks with just about any brand of rack, but Gibraltar would be the easiest and cheapest. Tama would be a little more expensive, and a little more difficult to cut, compared to Gibraltar. If you go with Gibraltar, all you would need is this...

https://drumsonsale.com/gibraltar-sc...pe-cutter.html

Name:  71e6XnC3x9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  28.1 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Registered User

I second the stealth rack suggestion. If you do it right, they'll still be small enough to be handled by one person and will be a lot cleaner than stands.

4. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I see two small "stealth" racks, one on each side of the bass drum. One would hold the two rack toms, two crashes, and splash, while the other would hold ride, crash, and china. Each mini rack could be carried off by one person, which I think would be an improvement over how this kit would be moved with the stands. You could build these racks with just about any brand of rack, but Gibraltar would be the easiest and cheapest. Tama would be a little more expensive, and a little more difficult to cut, compared to Gibraltar. If you go with Gibraltar, all you would need is this...

https://drumsonsale.com/gibraltar-sc...pe-cutter.html

Name:  71e6XnC3x9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  28.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    I second the stealth rack suggestion. If you do it right, they'll still be small enough to be handled by one person and will be a lot cleaner than stands.
    Thanks y’all! I do like the stealth rack ideas, thought about doing a variation of that and mounting a short 12” crossbar to the double tom stand, and mounting the 3 cymbals off of that. It would be significantly cheaper and much easier to fit into a hardware case I think.
    Last edited by MitchLyons; 10-12-2020 at 02:06 PM.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

5. Registered User

Stealth is the way for your kit indeed!

I recently went from normal rack tot "Stealth" rack.

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...ack-conversion

Not completely satisfied with this configuration.
    I thinks 2 small racks (1 on each side) will look more cleaner.
    Work to do :-)
    For the love of drums