Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Marketing Manager of Integrated Media

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    14,130

    Default Introducing Wincent Drumsticks

    The legendary Wincent product line includes drumsticks, brushes, rods, mallets, and percussion accessories like practice pads, drum keys, and tone gel is now available in the U.S.

    Wincent drumsticks are made from American grown Hickory and are produced in Sweden using a stone ground lathing process. A unique wax protection is applied that compliment the feel and durability of the sticks. Wincent Drumsticks, we feel better, we last longer, make us prove it.

    See the full catalog at our website...

    Derek Wolfford
    Marketing Department

  2. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,705

    Default

    I don't get it, what do you mean "introducing" ? Wincent have been around for ages. Is Pearl a distributer for them now?

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  3. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I don't get it, what do you mean "introducing" ? Wincent have been around for ages. Is Pearl a distributer for them now?
    but not distributed in the U.S. Markets. Now they are.



    Pearl USA | Nashville

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    886

    Default

    The price of drumsticks anymore is really getting out of hand. I realize these companies have to make money, but the prices on all the major brands are just plain expensive. That's why I have been using Sound Percussion sticks for 5 years now. They are between $3.99 and $4.99 a pair, last just as long as any other, are straight and I have never gotten a bad pair. I'm sure some drummers would not want to use any other sticks unless they are a major brand name, but for less than half the price I will continue to use Sound Percussion.

  5. a.k.a. YtseJam

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    I've been playing Wincents for many years, and I swear by them. Good that there is an US distributor finally.

  6. PEARL EXX

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    160

    Default

    I see that guitar center is selling them

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    The price of drumsticks anymore is really getting out of hand. I realize these companies have to make money, but the prices on all the major brands are just plain expensive. That's why I have been using Sound Percussion sticks for 5 years now. They are between $3.99 and $4.99 a pair, last just as long as any other, are straight and I have never gotten a bad pair. I'm sure some drummers would not want to use any other sticks unless they are a major brand name, but for less than half the price I will continue to use Sound Percussion.
    THIS.

    In a continuing effort to support local businesses, I buy my VF 5B’s at a small shop here in hoboken. Picked up 5 pair that cost me ALMOST SIXTY DOLLARS.

    Sound Percussion is looking more and more appealing.
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    THIS.

    In a continuing effort to support local businesses, I buy my VF 5B’s at a small shop here in hoboken. Picked up 5 pair that cost me ALMOST SIXTY DOLLARS.

    Sound Percussion is looking more and more appealing.
    If I'm not mistaken, Sound Percussion is owned by Vater. The sticks look very similar to Vater.

  9. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Sound Percussion is owned by Vater. The sticks look very similar to Vater.
    I’m gonna look into this. I’m totally tired of getting boned on sticks.
    Way Too Much Crap

  10. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,705

    Default

    I switched to carbon fibre sticks about 15 years ago when I discovered Carbostick. Unfortunately, Carbostick no longer make sticks, and are pretty much impossible to find. I bought most of the NOS from Ireland and even some from the US. Vic Firth started making TITAN sticks, a carbon fibre stick much like the Carbostick I use, but at an insane cost - the Carbosticks I use were about £10 a pair retail, I invariably paid £6-£8 a pair. Vic Firth TITAN's were about £50 a pair! They're no longer in production either (no surprised at those prices - more expensive than Ahead sticks were) but now I see a company called Kaupmen also make a carbon stick - £25 a pair! I bought 5 pairs of Carbostick for £30 (in 2011) so £25 a pair now is ridiculous.

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  11. Comrade Tim

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Russian Annex, North America
    Posts
    3,504

    Default

    I play with raw sticks - Vater Nude 5B (and Nude Los Angeles 5a when I want a lighter stick) - if Wincent is as durable, has a raw stick, and isn't overpriced, then worth a look....but, I'd have too look and I haven't 'cause...lazy.

    Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •