Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default My new MRV in matte black and black nickel hardware

Hi all,

Introducing my new kit! 22” 16” 12” 10” plus 14”snare of the same series coming for Christmas (custom order). Have had this kit since August and love it! Very hard to focus on writing when around these, always end up trying this tuning or that chop or another miking technique.. 🤓 I use it mostly for Reggae but my son plays metal with it when he’s around. Works for both 🙂 This set is always miked for recording and does not attend gigs. I’m not a real drummer but can play enough to make demos and produce drum tracks.

The snare is a Tama Starphonic Aluminum. Plays like Japanese beer, smooth and dry. The timbale is an 80’s Tama Royalstar snare with no bottom head.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Daddy Skit; 10-03-2020 at 01:41 AM.

2. Registered User

Dark and sombre kit! Me likes!
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

3. FKA Tasty808

Awesome!

I love the finish. I love the hardware. Love the white reso head. Beauty!

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Snakes&Arrows View Post
    Dark and sombre kit! Me likes!
    Yeah.. I looked at all kinds of cheerful colours from Tama starclassic and others but the wife talked me out of em haha

5. Registered User

I’m glad you like it I have a Remo Fiberskyn that I think I’ll try on as a reso at some point.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Skit View Post
    Hi all,

Introducing my new kit! 22” 16” 12” 10” plus 14”snare of the same series coming for Christmas (custom order). Have had this kit since August and love it! Very hard to focus on writing when around these, always end up trying this tuning or that chop or another miking technique.. �� I use it mostly for Reggae but my son plays metal with it when he’s around. Works for both �� This set is always miked for recording and does not attend gigs. I’m not a real drummer but can play enough to make demos and produce drum tracks.

The snare is a Tama Starphonic Aluminum. Plays like Japanese beer, smooth and dry. The timbale is an 80’s Tama Royalstar snare with no bottom head.
    Kind of odd, but I wasn't too keen on that look when it first came out but I guess my taste has changed. That's a bad a_ _ looking kit you have there Skit!

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Kind of odd, but I wasn't too keen on that look when it first came out but I guess my taste has changed. That's a bad a_ _ looking kit you have there Skit!
    I think of this kit as my ”middle age motorcycle”, heh. It’s fun how it looks badass but sounds so well-rounded and friendly.

8. Registered User

Nice kit! I see a lot of similarities to my setup: Tama Starphonic Alu, thin shells with re-rings (yours MRV, me MMP), mixing of Zildjian and Paiste cymbals...

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver_Stein View Post
    Nice kit! I see a lot of similarities to my setup: Tama Starphonic Alu, thin shells with re-rings (yours MRV, me MMP), mixing of Zildjian and Paiste cymbals...
    Cool! I have Paiste 602 hihats and they’re smooth like butter but ended up buying New Beats for their superior ”chirp”. They just have presence!