Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    108

    Default Fredo's request for new paints options in 2021.

    Dear Pearl!

    For 2021, I deeply want to upgrade my Vision Birch shell pack to Masters Complete.

    I backed off in 2020 for many reasons, but mostly for the lack of good looking finishes...

    Could you sell more straight/classic colors? No wraps, no fades, no matte finishes and more importantly, no stupid stripes...

    Black, Cherry red, Dark brown, dark green... All with the wood grain that show thru, with a nice gloss lacquer.

    You know, to have a great looking set of drums that will look great for more that 1 year?

    Thank you very much in advence!

    Fredo

  2. Enjoy Every Sandwich

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Keeping 'em guessing...
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    I'm sure they'd consider you request(s), IF you'd commit to buying 100+ kits, in each finish, from them ever year.

  3. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    I'm sure they'd consider you request(s), IF you'd commit to buying 100+ kits, in each finish, from them ever year.
    I passed this along to our Marketing and R&D. Hopefully 2021 will have more color options that everyone is happier with.


    KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

    PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

  4. Away From The World

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
    Posts
    34,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    I passed this along to our Marketing and R&D. Hopefully 2021 will have more color options that everyone is happier with.
    THE man!

    Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    108

    Default

    I know that bigger the Ship is, the harder is it to change direction. So for big Business, decisions are made way much in advance and it's complicated to change things.

    I doesn't ask only for myself, but I bet that a lot of potential buyers, where put off by the less conventional finishes.

    Having 2 more weird/exotic finishes is cool. but I think that having at least 2 or 3 classic color with a nice high gloss finish is mandatory.

    Thank you Al for listening!

  6. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    I know that bigger the Ship is, the harder is it to change direction. So for big Business, decisions are made way much in advance and it's complicated to change things.

    I doesn't ask only for myself, but I bet that a lot of potential buyers, where put off by the less conventional finishes.

    Having 2 more weird/exotic finishes is cool. but I think that having at least 2 or 3 classic color with a nice high gloss finish is mandatory.

    Thank you Al for listening!
    This is our 75th Anniversary coming up. We have some real cool things planned and we'll have a virtual 2021 Pearl product showing for everyone. It should be great from everything I'm hearing.

    Thanks for voicing your opinions and concerns, we try to listen and act accordingly.


    KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

    PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

  7. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,683

    Default

    Pearl used to have some of the best colour ranges and options of all the drum companies. The Masters finish options used to take almost an entire page of the general catalog, and the Export wasn't far behind it, with lacquers, wraps, sparkles, plus hardware colour options.

    Then it went pre-1990 and basically just offered a handful of base colours and left it at that... Such a shame.

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •