Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Anyone ever by a high end kit on a zero interest plan?

Sweetwater is doing 48 mos zero interest on several high end kits, from DW, Pearl, SONOR, Gretsch, A&F, Craviotto, Tama, Mapex etc.. The only problem I'm aware of is, that the prices are a little high and I'm not sure if they're negotiable with the financing deal or not. Anyone ever do this before? I like that Crav Beech kit.

2. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

My $0.02 - check your total debt-to-income ratio. If adding the price of a MW across four years spikes it, then don't do it. If you have self control, the ability to add that debt, and are sure to pay it off in four years, then it's a viable consideration. Say it's a $5k kit, then that's $105/month you have to know you can't spend on other things.
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

3. Registered User

Totally agree. I'm not doing it, just curious if other people have. I was more surprised to see it offered on such high end kits.

And to add, credit monitoring apps are a great way to see your to debt to income ratio.

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Totally agree. I'm not doing it, just curious if other people have. I was more surprised to see it offered on such high end kits.

And to add, credit monitoring apps are a great way to see your to debt to income ratio.
    Right now, I'd venture to say that virtually NO ONE is buying brand new high-end kits. My guess is that they are sitting in the warehouses of the various large drum manufacturers taking up space, collecting dust and cutting into their respective bottom lines. Offering a "zero-interest" loan to dopey musicians who have more desire than self control is a home run. Once Drummer X defaults on the loan, they and the bank win.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

There’s no such thing as no interest. It’s factored into the price, that’s why they seem a little higher.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlnpaisteguy View Post
    There’s no such thing as no interest. It’s factored into the price, that’s why they seem a little higher.
    Those prices are MAP I'm assuming, which is why I wondered if they were negotiable with the pricing and the promotion? People finance, furniture, TVs, boats etc just wondering if anyone here had ever financed a high end kit. All of my drum acquisitions were always a result of cash purchases catalyzed by flipping gear.

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Sweetwater is doing 48 mos zero interest on several high end kits, from DW, Pearl, SONOR, Gretsch, A&F, Craviotto, Tama, Mapex etc.. The only problem I'm aware of is, that the prices are a little high and I'm not sure if they're negotiable with the financing deal or not. Anyone ever do this before? I like that Crav Beech kit.
    Sweetwater was not very flexible with me when I purchased recording gear from them (interfaces, mics, etc.), but when I purchased Tama gear they had in stock, they were very willing to negotiate. If you check with them and find they won't negotiate on these specific financed kits, then you know how/why they are offering the interest-free payment plan.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Sweetwater was not very flexible with me when I purchased recording gear from them (interfaces, mics, etc.), but when I purchased Tama gear they had in stock, they were very willing to negotiate. If you check with them and find they won't negotiate on these specific financed kits, then you know how/why they are offering the interest-free payment plan.
    Yeah, I purchased my mimic and atv set from them (with cash) and was able to negotiate a deal most seasoned gear purchasers in the know would be able to swing. I have a guy there, I guess I could just call him and find out haha.

I'm not in the market for an acoustic kit but a steambent beech kit is pretty cool.

9. Masterworks / Sabian

I did back in 2005 with GC on my masterworks. I had the cash, but like it in my wallet and paid it off over 2 years if I remember correctly... maybe 3.

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Right now, I'd venture to say that virtually NO ONE is buying brand new high-end kits. My guess is that they are sitting in the warehouses of the various large drum manufacturers taking up space, collecting dust and cutting into their respective bottom lines. Offering a "zero-interest" loan to dopey musicians who have more desire than self control is a home run. Once Drummer X defaults on the loan, they and the bank win.
    I agree with most of this unless they can’t get the kit back. Is it something that they can repossess like they would a car?

11. Registered User

I bought my References on a GC credit card with 0% interest for six months. Had the cash on hand to pay it off, but using the credit card left the money freed up and I earned around $500 in GC bucks, which is basically in store currency. Used that to buy a three sided Icon rack used, which got me another $150 worth of GC bucks, which I then used to buy a cymbal. So I got a new cymbal, a rack, and a six piece Ref kit for $2K.

0% interest is a great tool -if- you have self control, don't over extend yourself, and utilize it properly.

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    I bought my References on a GC credit card with 0% interest for six months. Had the cash on hand to pay it off, but using the credit card left the money freed up and I earned around $500 in GC bucks, which is basically in store currency. Used that to buy a three sided Icon rack used, which got me another $150 worth of GC bucks, which I then used to buy a cymbal. So I got a new cymbal, a rack, and a six piece Ref kit for $2K.

0% interest is a great tool -if- you have self control, don't over extend yourself, and utilize it properly.
    Agree. I bought my wife’s car with zero interest because we agreed to pay it off in three years. It was a free loan.