Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Snare drum shootout. Ludwig pearl slingerland Rogers firchie dw Tama. And more!

Hey there. Did a quick snare drum shootout of my snares! Hope you enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/nT0egS2glVc

2. FKA Tasty808

Really cool dude. That homemade snare sounded awesome! Super fat, almost synthetic sounding...

You have quite the collection of vintage snares. Do you also have more modern snares?

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Really cool dude. That homemade snare sounded awesome! Super fat, almost synthetic sounding...

You have quite the collection of vintage snares. Do you also have more modern snares?

hey there. I don't have a ton of modern snares. I always end up getting rid of them. I can't ever really dial in the tone that I want out of a lot of them. I can get every sound ever from what I have. and I got all of these snares for INSANE deals!! all of my acrolites were between $20 and $50. the black beauty was $200. the firchie was $100. etc!

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

First, thanks for taking the time to do this. I always enjoy these comparison videos.

Positive comments:

1. It really helped that for the most part you played the same idea throughout the piece, not branching out too much. It made it much easier to compare them, especially since your playing was solid.

2. The editing from one snare to the other was smooth.

3. You not only told us the drum but the head too. That was helpful.

A few criticisms:

1. Having the name of the drum the entire time you played it would been more helpful.

2. I understand the different heads. Who is going to take the time or has the money to change them to match? In fact, I want to hear what’s best for the drum, but if I was seeing it correctly, you seemed to have some with muffling and some without. It would have been better to have the same or both, but the latter would have been twice the labor.

3. Some lighter playing or ghostnotes mixed in with the rimshots you were hitting would have shown the range of the drum more.

Thanks again for doing it. It goes to show we really don’t need as much gear as we think we do as many of the drums filled in the same needs.
    Last edited by dale w miller; 07-30-2020 at 04:47 AM.

5. Registered User

Hey there. Thanks for watching. I had about an hour to do all this so there was no time to fine tune everything! The video wasn’t the most scientific or accurate. But i Was going more for a fun vibe! Didn’t care to get too fancy. More to come!

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    First, thanks for taking the time to do this. I always enjoy these comparison videos.

Positive comments:

1. It really helped that for the most part you played the same idea throughout the piece, not branching out too much. It made it much easier to compare them, especially since your playing was solid.

2. The editing from one snare to the other was smooth.

3. You not only told us the drum but the head too. That was helpful.

A few criticisms:

1. Having the name of the drum the entire time you played it would been more helpful.

2. I understand the different heads. Who is going to take the time or has the money to change them to match? In fact, I want to hear what’s best for the drum, but if I was seeing it correctly, you seemed to have some with muffling and some without. It would have been better to have the same or both, but the latter would have been twice the labor.

3. Some lighter playing or ghostnotes mixed in with the rimshots you were hitting would have shown the range of the drum more.

Thanks again for doing it. It goes to show we really don’t need as much gear as we think we do as many of the drums filled in the same needs.