Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Unban nik12

Added my splash into the setup today, put the left crash on its own boom stand and clamped the china. Really satisfied with this, think this will be my setup for the next considerable time. I do want to add a 19 crash or a 20 EFX somewhere, maybe above the second rack tom, Im having a blast with this though. Cant get over how amazing these drums are!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Added my splash into the setup today, put the left crash on it’s own boom stand and clamped the china. Really satisfied with this, think this will be my setup for the next considerable time. I do want to add a 19” crash or a 20” EFX somewhere, maybe above the second rack tom, I’m having a blast with this though. Can’t get over how amazing these drums are!
    Looks like a great spot for a splash. I bet you can mix in the splash in the middle of a bunch of different types of fills.

3. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by SAManiac View Post
    Looks like a great spot for a splash. I bet you can mix in the splash in the middle of a bunch of different types of fills.
    Definitely is. Made myself learn the groove from Laid to Rest by LoG since it was there and it was fun to mess with! Never been into using anything other than the essentials but an extra tom and a splash has been a good start. Also good seeing you around man, it’s been a while!
    Last edited by MitchLyons; 07-11-2020 at 01:04 AM.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

4. Registered User

As I mentioned before, that is one stunningly beautiful Kit, but please take the tag off the Tom. It impedes resonance.

5. Thwunk

Beautiful kit, and a great set up!
    HHX hats, K crashes, Bosphorus traditional & Paiste sound creation dark rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 5.5x14 / Ludwig Black Beauty 5x14, COB Supraphonic 6.5x14 / Pearl Mahogany Classic Limited Edition / Sonor D505
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / SonorLite (Scandinavian birch)

6. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlnpaisteguy View Post
    As I mentioned before, that is one stunningly beautiful Kit, but please take the tag off the Tom. It impedes resonance.
    The 13” tom sounds perfect! I don’t think it does as much as you think. :P
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

7. Registered User

The 13” tom sounds perfect! I don’t think it does as much as you think. :P
    It must be a Tama diecast tag.

8. old dog, new tricks

congrats Mitch, that is a beautiful kit. I have a soft spot for those Tama lugs, I just think they look awesome.
    You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

9. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    congrats Mitch, that is a beautiful kit. I have a soft spot for those Tama lugs, I just think they look awesome.
    Thanks bud! I’ll actually be selling off the 13” tom’s smoked nickel hardware at some point, could be a nice start to a snare or a spare tom you have lying around.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

10. Starclassic Guy

Very nice!! Welcome to the starclassic club!
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

11. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    Very nice!! Welcome to the starclassic club!
    Thanks Phil! This is actually my second Starclassic, first one was a limited edition B/B that I still miss dearly. Did not expect the upgrades that Tama has made, to this line, would be as noticeable as they are. The new brackets, shell construction, shell hardware, all feels state of the art. Super glad to be back in the club!
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

12. Starclassic Guy

Thanks Phil! This is actually my second Starclassic, first one was a limited edition B/B that I still miss dearly. Did not expect the upgrades that Tama has made, to this line, would be as noticeable as they are. The new brackets, shell construction, shell hardware, all feels state of the art. Super glad to be back in the club!
    I love all the "Made in Japan vs Made in china" With the starclassic line. I own one from each country of origin. And there is NO difference in quality or sound between the two (other than the extra low end from the Birch Bubinga kit).
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool