Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. A Passion Play ...

Please do a closeup of one of the drums
    with some good light. Such a beautiful rig.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

2. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Please do a closeup of one of the drums
    with some good light. Such a beautiful rig.
    Here’s a pic of the 13” from yesterday. I’ll take one of the 12 today so you can see how the standard black nickel hardware looks.Name:  5E2AB54E-3D61-4105-90D7-382B50FC7060.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  102.5 KB
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

3. Registered User

Very nice Mitch congrats!!

4. FKA Tasty808

Wow! Beautiful kit bro! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing more pictures of this one.

5. Registered User

Wow, what an extraordinary kit. I’ve lusted over that finish for some time. Congrats!
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/sycamore)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) and Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

6. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Wow, what an extraordinary kit. I’ve lusted over that finish for some time. Congrats!
    If you wanted to trade for that Star Maple it could be yours!

Of course, I’m joking. Not sure if there’s anything that could keep me away from this kit. Even with the stock heads, they sound incredible, once I get my preferred Remo’s on, I think they’ll be even better. They sound very fat and the rack toms have a great snap to them. Perfect drums all around in my opinion.

Steady, do you notice a difference between the standard Starcast mounts and SRMS mounts on the Star series? Thought about upgrading at some point if they truly are the difference maker that Tama makes them out to be.
    Last edited by MitchLyons; 07-08-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

7. A Passion Play ...

Very sharp set of drums. I know they sound great.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post

Of course, I’m joking. Not sure if there’s anything that could keep me away from this kit. Even with the stock heads, they sound incredible, once I get my preferred Remo’s on, I think they’ll be even better. They sound very fat and the rack toms have a great snap to them. Perfect drums all around in my opinion.

Steady, do you notice a difference between the standard Starcast mounts and SRMS mounts on the Star series? Thought about upgrading at some point if they truly are the difference maker that Tama makes them out to be.
    Mitch, my Star kits seem a bit more musical and vibrant, though my gut instinct tells me that extra piece on the mount has nothing to do with it. I’d save your money. That kit of yours is plenty resonant enough.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/sycamore)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) and Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

9. Unban nik12

Mitch, my Star kits seem a bit more musical and vibrant, though my gut instinct tells me that extra piece on the mount has nothing to do with it. I’d save your money. That kit of yours is plenty resonant enough.
    I figured as much, I didn’t know if you’d gotten to compare them side by side, good to know though! It’s absolutely crazy how much more resonant and musical these drums are than my DW Performance series. Could be a higher grade maple, perhaps the sizes, but I am seriously blown away at how good they sound.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

10. Registered User

One of my favorite finishes from their current selection. Beautiful kit!

11. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post

I wouldn't consider spending the money on the Star tom mounts, UNLESS you felt your rack toms were moving too much when you lay into them. I don't notice it at all. The Star mount has that third point of contact, which definitely reduces the movement in the drum, when struck.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Reverb Listings ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay Auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

12. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I wouldn't consider spending the money on the Star tom mounts, UNLESS you felt your rack toms were moving too much when you lay into them. I don't notice it at all. The Star mount has that third point of contact, which definitely reduces the movement in the drum, when struck.
    Haven’t had any sort of issues with movement, this kit seems to be absolutely perfect. I think diecast hoops on the toms are definitely a game changer, I’m noticing that the drums feel a lot better to lay into than my DW’s with standard triple flanged, I do like the True Hoops though.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple