Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 37 to 45 of 45
  1. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    I love all the "Made in Japan vs Made in china" With the starclassic line. I own one from each country of origin. And there is NO difference in quality or sound between the two (other than the extra low end from the Birch Bubinga kit).
    Is your MIJ Starclassic kit that Dark Cherry Fade? Is it a Performer?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  2. Starclassic Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alliance, OH
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Is your MIJ Starclassic kit that Dark Cherry Fade? Is it a Performer?
    Yep. all birch. I love this kit. It sounds so good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

    Formerly TreCoolFool

  3. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    Yep. all birch. I love this kit. It sounds so good.
    Yep, I had Performers, they were really nice.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  4. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Linsay House
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Hell. Yes.
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

  5. Unban nik12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Near Macon, GA
    Posts
    6,460

    Default

    Thought I’d post a couple pics of my other kits in the meantime. I purchased a Starclassic B/B (10/12/16/22) off of a friend in the Molten Brown Burst which lives with one of my bands in Texas, and I’ve still got my 80’s MIJ Superstars for the time being but I might be offloading them soon. I’ve also got this old Peavey Radial 500 that I got for free that I’m rebuilding, the bass drum had literally no rods, claws, or spurs. Figure I can turn them for some quick money. Never thought I’d own 4 kits at once!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Black Lives Matter

    Tama Starclassic Maple

  6. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    Damn! That Molten Burst looks insane! Is that a gloss finish? I saw one once with a satin finish that also looked incredible.

  7. Unban nik12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Near Macon, GA
    Posts
    6,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Damn! That Molten Burst looks insane! Is that a gloss finish? I saw one once with a satin finish that also looked incredible.
    It is a gloss! They offer a satin version in the SC Maple line but they do the gloss for B/B and B/W shells. I’m really stoked to have a kit from both the B/B and Maple lines because they’re both voiced pretty differently. They have coated heads on them right now which are very meh for the style I play (hardcore/metal) but I’ve got some clear Emps going on them next time I get out to TX. I’d also like to get another boom stand or two, I’m not a fan of having the ride, crash, and china all coming off one stand on the right, just doesn’t feel very comfy to me.
    Last edited by MitchLyons; 08-03-2020 at 04:52 PM.
    Black Lives Matter

    Tama Starclassic Maple

  8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    19,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Thought I’d post a couple pics of my other kits in the meantime. I purchased a Starclassic B/B (10/12/16/22) off of a friend in the Molten Brown Burst which lives with one of my bands in Texas, and I’ve still got my 80’s MIJ Superstars for the time being but I might be offloading them soon. I’ve also got this old Peavey Radial 500 that I got for free that I’m rebuilding, the bass drum had literally no rods, claws, or spurs. Figure I can turn them for some quick money. Never thought I’d own 4 kits at once!
    Tell me more about the the black ones.

  9. Unban nik12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Near Macon, GA
    Posts
    6,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Tell me more about the the black ones.
    Can you pm me your email? I’m out and about running errands right now but I do a have a full thread on them if you go to my profile under Recently Started Threads.
    Black Lives Matter

    Tama Starclassic Maple

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •