Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ian Paice Snare

1. Skeld-the -wicked

Default Ian Paice Snare

I just couldn’t resist snapping up this Brand New Ian Paice Snare. Cascio Interstate is having a Grand re-opening Sale on current Inventory before they order new stock. The snare was listed $369.00 new after all the discounts including state tax it was $184.00. About 3 years ago I found a IP used at a Musicgoround but it didn’t have the tension locks and had some nicks and pitting. I decided to sell it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-26-2020 at 03:59 AM.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    Pearl Masters Premium MRP 14x5.5 snare
    Ian Paice Signature Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

2. A Passion Play ...

Looks great Paul. My Ian Paice sig
    is my go to snare. My only snare
    for that matter. Enjoy Her Paul.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

3. Skeld-the -wicked

Thanks Eric, I bought a used one at Musicgoround about 3 years ago but it didn’t have locknuts & had some dings . I eventually sold it for another snare.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-26-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    I just couldn’t resist snapping up this Brand New Ian Paice Snare. Cascio Interstate is having a Grand re-opening Sale on current Inventory before they order new stock. The snare was listed $369.00 new after all the discounts including state tax it was $184.00. About 3 years ago I found a IP used at a Musicgoround but it didn’t have the tension locks and had some nicks and pitting. I decided to sell it.
    That’s a nice price Paul; I would buy a bunch at that price. You could part that out, and sell it for over $400... and keep the heads and snare wires for your personal use
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. Skeld-the -wicked

Thanks Matt, it was the last one. They had a couple of newer Brass Sensitone snares and a Brass Ref Snare But I had to show restraint. I plan to keep the IP whole it sounds awesome. I don’t know if sale prices apply online but the IP Snare was 50% off!!!

That MP snare you sold me is Awesome! I now own 4 snares . Things are starting to pop with live gigs. I do most of the booking for both bands and we have seven total for the summer.

From what I understand Cascio is trying to sell most of their inventory and then the plan is to restock but with less brands than before. Right when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-26-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

6. The Sensitone Guy

You stole that snare. Congratulations.

7. Skeld-the -wicked

Yes Andy, and thanks, I was even partially masked. I was in the store the day before and bought some heads & sticks and looked at it and thought that won’t last long. End of story. Items are flying off the shelves anywhere from 25,35, to 50% off!
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Being Ian Paice is a lost name to the kids’ generation of today, I wonder if that snare will out live his fame. I’m thinking of it being not much different than Gibson’s Les Paul guitars. What do you Pearl guys think? Is it that solid of a model?

9. Skeld-the -wicked

It’s hard to say Dale. Ian Paice had a huge influence on me in my younger years and it still stands today. As far as this Snare who knows? I have read some opinions on it being compared to a Black Beauty at half the price. As far as being the Les Paul of Snare Drums that’s tough to answer because so many would be worthy of that . To be honest I was curious about a Ludwig special edition patina brass snare. The drum manger Peter had a huge smile on his face as he showed me his prize!

I think there are less younger people showing interest in playing musical instruments. I used to regret not being serious about learning and playing drums at a younger age but today I’m so grateful I have a wife that supports me and loves to see me have fun!
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks