Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Blind and Faithless

I don't have pics/details of my first two kits. First kit was a loaner from the school over the summer when I was 11 or 12. Three toms, bass drum (I don't think a a bass drum pedal), and my dad's old snare. No cymbals. After that my parents bought me a full kit with cymbals and hardware, all generic stuff but a kit nonetheless.

First "real" kit was a 2000s Tama Rockstar. Started as a 22/10/12/14 and I loved it. I had it for a long time and eventually added a second 20" kick, and 8" and 16" toms. I sold the 20/10/12/14 and still have the 22" and 8" in storage (I doubt I'll ever use them, just need to sell). I converted the 16" to a bass drum a few years back and still use that occasionally. I still use some of the Tama hardware that came with the kit. Great kit and served me well, lots of good memories.

I think the pictures of my kit when I first got it have been lost, but this was years later in it's "final" form, and then now all I really have left of it is some hardware and a 16x14 kick.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    Now my kit said Tama Granstar Custom, but the matching snare said Crestar. Iím 99.99% the Crestar kits lasted about 20
    Minutes and then they changed the name to Granstar lCustom. However, all the snare drums from the Granstar Custom line did still have the Crestar name on them.
    they were literally the same drums when they shipped orders from the warehouse , they seemed to regard them as such , so yeah, as long as the y were heather metallic they were good to go

3. th droids yerlookn4

untortunately ;
    i first kit was extremely used and was bought at the same time as my friends crestar, ( the difference was he had rich parents ..lol ) it was a tama as well ,
    the tama fibrestar essencially it was a fibre glass royal star/ imperial star ... in this weird form of gold/brushed chrome color , they called it platina (?)

unfortunateltly few photos survive

4. Away From The World

The first kit I purchased was a used Remo Encore 6 piece in the early 90s. They were made from a synthetic product called Acousticon, a laminated wood-fiber material about ľ" thick and injected with resin (not that such detail meant anything to me at the time). I liked the lugs called PowerSnaps, hinged casings which allow the heads to be changed without having to remove the tension rods. Paid about US$1000 way back then.

Don't have a pic or specs, but similar to this kit:

Name:  Remo.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  31.1 KB

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    The first kit I purchased was a used Remo Encore 6 piece in the early 90s. They were made from a synthetic product called Acousticon, a laminated wood-fiber material about ľ" thick and injected with resin (not that such detail meant anything to me at the time). I liked the lugs called PowerSnaps, hinged casings which allow the heads to be changed without having to remove the tension rods. Paid about US$1000 way back then.

Don't have a pic or specs, but similar to this kit:

Name:  Remo.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  31.1 KB
    Vinnie Paul played an Acousticon during the VDoP era.
    Way Too Much Crap