Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    There is a lot of difference shell wise.
    maple complete
    6 ply straight wall shell

masters reserve
    4 ply shell with re-rings

If there wasn't a difference in sound, then why would Pearl make 2 different drum kits?

As far as finishes, the maple complete ones are complete dog crap.
    I meant thickness wise not ply count .. reserve is 5mm and Complete is like 5.6mm .. both thin shelled kits .. though I'd take the Reserve over Complete given choice

One could argue that the old MMX and MBX sounded different .. but in reality they sounded the same basically .. there's a reason people were buying the MBX over MMX .. it was cheaper and sounded the same bascially .. then out of no where Pearl discontinued the MBX and kept MMX in the lineup .. LOL

2. CUZNRED

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    I meant thickness wise not ply count .. reserve is 5mm and Complete is like 5.6mm .. both thin shelled kits .. though I'd take the Reserve over Complete given choice

One could argue that the old MMX and MBX sounded different .. but in reality they sounded the same basically .. there's a reason people were buying the MBX over MMX .. it was cheaper and sounded the same bascially .. then out of no where Pearl discontinued the MBX and kept MMX in the lineup .. LOL
    Ok, I get what you are saying...... I wish the MMX and MBX were still around. Great drum kits

3. Registered User

There is a lot of difference shell wise.
    maple complete
    6 ply straight wall shell

masters reserve
    4 ply shell with re-rings

If there wasn't a difference in sound, then why would Pearl make 2 different drum kits?

As far as finishes, the maple complete ones are complete dog crap.
    Didn't you own three MCT kits at one point?

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Didn't you own three MCT kits at one point?
    He did. Sold them all.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

Just got a quote on a Pearl Masters Maple Reserve kit, gonna order as soon as I have the cash saved up. I have always wanted a high end Pearl kit. Can't wait for this one. Anyone out there playing one of these kits?
    Im playing a Masters Maple Premium MMP which is the same shell (4 ply Maple w/ re-rings) and same hardware beside the hoops. These are MasterCasts on my MMP and the new MRV has FatTone Hoops. A friend of mine bought a MRV set after having played on my drumset. Both sets sound equally good. I always wanted to compare the MasterCast vs. the FatTone hoops. Id like to include Superhoops and S-Hoops too but thats a time consuming task if you want reliable results. Maybe somewhere in the future...
    Other than that I can say that the MRVs, MMPs and MMXs record very nice and work perfect on stages with miking. Without mics the thicker shelled drums like my BLX or MLX work better, especially the toms. The MMP/MRV kick drums are beasts and sound way better than the MLX or BLXs, from a players perspective without mics. With mic they all sound good...

Happy to give you an example of how they can sound in a production and standalone:

The quality of this drums is very good. I was totally blown away when I had my fingers on a Gretsch Renown and came from my MMP - no comparison especially the hardware. Pearl everything super smooth and sturdy, the other set felt like a toy compared to that. Of course the Renowns also sounded good, but the difference in build- and hardware quality was substantial.

Id say: enjoy your waiting time!

6. PEARL EXX

Just got a quote on a Pearl Masters Maple Reserve kit, gonna order as soon as I have the cash saved up. I have always wanted a high end Pearl kit. Can't wait for this one. Anyone out there playing one of these kits?
    What was the price for this year

7. CUZNRED

Quote Originally Posted by NO DRUMS View Post
    What was the price for this year
    around the 2500.00 mark for a 4 pc 10/12/14/22

8. CUZNRED

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    He did. Sold them all.
    No, I kept one of them. I still have my matte satin black one. I am glad I kept it.

Name:  IMG_0082.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  85.9 KB

9. CUZNRED

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver_Stein View Post
    I‘m playing a Masters Maple Premium MMP which is the same shell (4 ply Maple w/ re-rings) and same hardware beside the hoops. These are MasterCasts on my MMP and the new MRV has FatTone Hoops. A friend of mine bought a MRV set after having played on my drumset. Both sets sound equally good. I always wanted to compare the MasterCast vs. the FatTone hoops. I‘d like to include Superhoops and S-Hoops too but thats a time consuming task if you want reliable results. Maybe somewhere in the future...
    Other than that I can say that the MRVs, MMPs and MMXs record very nice and work perfect on stages with miking. Without mics the thicker shelled drums like my BLX or MLX work better, especially the toms. The MMP/MRV kick drums are beasts and sound way better than the MLX or BLXs, from a players perspective without mics. With mic they all sound good...

Happy to give you an example of how they can sound in a production and standalone:

The quality of this drums is very good. I was totally blown away when I had my fingers on a Gretsch Renown and came from my MMP - no comparison especially the hardware. Pearl everything super smooth and sturdy, the other set felt like a toy compared to that. Of course the Renowns also sounded good, but the difference in build- and hardware quality was substantial.

I‘d say: enjoy your waiting time!
    Love the sound of those drums

10. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post

This is a true statement!

11. PEARL EXX

around the 2500.00 mark for a 4 pc 10/12/14/22
    Thats nice, it definitely beats the price of this one.
    Name:  F937AA92-37C0-4255-B00E-6444B0D893A7.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  92.8 KB