Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
  1. A Passion Play ...

This is what this thread is about. This is want Lonny wanted.
    A place where all of us can meet and just talk for a while.
    I consider many of you as family. Love and respect to you.
    Lonny is sitting next to me reading his Red Glass thread.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

2. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I should say it's not my house but in my neighborhood. A friend of mine pointed out that the NZ flag should be underneath, despite that I think the intended sentiment was conveyed.
    No worries Mike. Like you said, the intended sentiment was conveyed and much appreciated. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    This is what this thread is about. This is want Lonny wanted.
    A place where all of us can meet and just talk for a while.
    I consider many of you as family. Love and respect to you.
    Lonny is sitting next to me reading his Red Glass thread.
    You're absolutely right Eric. This is exactly what this thread is all about, and will always be.

Lonny knew that The Red Glass MCX threads were something much more than just a simple thread saying, "Hey look, I got a red Masters kit." He knew that these threads of his allow us (and all that wanted to join in) a special space to share in a mutual camaraderie, providing that we do so in a respectful and nurturing manner of each other.

We love you too Eric, and we know that Lonny is still smiling from ear to ear knowing how much we miss him, and that we are still carrying on his tradition as a family.
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

3. Chomp, Chomp

The day after 9/11, I was driving to work and noticed that many cars had those American flags that attach to a closed car window. I wanted one, but didn’t know where to begin looking for one. Much to my surprise, the PTA at my school was able to get enough to give one to every employee. After school, we were all out in the parking lot affixing the flags to our windows. I had a 27 mile commute and can’t begin to tell you how many people honked their horns and waived. No one cared what your politics were. We were all Americans and we were attacked. I never felt prouder to be an American. I think Lonny’s thread has united so many of us in a similar way. While many of Lonny’s threads were closed because they exceeded the page limit, none were ever closed because of content and there sure were a lot of different topics discussed.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post
    No worries Mike. Like you said, the intended sentiment was conveyed and much appreciated. Thank you for sharing it with us.

You're absolutely right Eric. This is exactly what this thread is all about, and will always be.

Lonny knew that The Red Glass MCX threads were something much more than just a simple thread saying, "Hey look, I got a red Masters kit." He knew that these threads of his allow us (and all that wanted to join in) a special space to share in a mutual camaraderie, providing that we do so in a respectful and nurturing manner of each other.

We love you too Eric, and we know that Lonny is still smiling from ear to ear knowing how much we miss him, and that we are still carrying on his tradition as a family.
    Hey dude! Thanks so much for the birthday rep! I tried to hit you back but it says I've gotta spread it around first. I can see I last repped you in June 2017 so I guess I haven't been giving enough out these past four years lol
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

5. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Hey dude! Thanks so much for the birthday rep! I tried to hit you back but it says I've gotta spread it around first. I can see I last repped you in June 2017 so I guess I haven't been giving enough out these past four years lol
    No problem, you’re welcome. I just hope that you had a wonderful day.
    I know that it takes me awhile to spread the good old Rep around too.

Lonny was the absolute king of spreading Rep around.
    He would Rep me two, sometimes three times before I would even have the chance to be able to Rep him back once. Bless his soul.
    Kevin

6. Skeld-the -wicked

Lonny’s passing still doesn’t feel real. He really was the PDF’s goodwill ambassador. He was a special person and I think his spirt lives on in this forum.

I really miss him and if it’s taught me anything it’s to enjoy each day and not focus on things I have no control over. Just enjoy life and have fun playing drums.
    Pearl Drums

7. A Passion Play ...

Just checking in to say hello to all of you.
    Hope everyone is doing good. Take care.
    I miss you so very much Lonny.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

8. Skeld-the -wicked

Hi Eric, sad news my wife’s mother is in home hospice care. She is 83 and this year has been terrible for her and of course us. It started back in June with 2 falls a car accident and now has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure along with being diagnosed with emphysema. We just got home hospice care for her this week but it’s just day by day. My wife and I are extremely exhausted emotionally from staying with her since June taking turns and together caring for her.

We are very strong people but this has become extremely difficult to handle. Yesterday we had a chance to thank her wonderful care givers and we both lost it emotionally. Thank God for these special Angels that give their heart a soul to care for the dying. Every day is a gift even in these difficult times and if weren’t for our trust in god we wouldn’t know what to do. I hope you are doing well Eric along with all the members of this awesome forum. All any of us have is today ,peace to all of you, Paul.
    Pearl Drums

9. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Just checking in to say hello to all of you.
    Hope everyone is doing good. Take care.
    I miss you so very much Lonny.
    Lonnie's name and Quotes were mentioned in the Hallowed Halls of Pearl HQ on Wednesday Morning between myself, Al and Derrick. We shared some good stories about a great guy.
    Name:  pearl Derick Al Dudley.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  72.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Hi Eric, sad news my wife’s mother is in home hospice care. She is 83 and this year has been terrible for her and of course us. It started back in June with 2 falls a car accident and now has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure along with being diagnosed with emphysema. We just got home hospice care for her this week but it’s just day by day. My wife and I are extremely exhausted emotionally from staying with her since June taking turns and together caring for her.

We are very strong people but this has become extremely difficult to handle. Yesterday we had a chance to thank her wonderful care givers and we both lost it emotionally. Thank God for these special Angels that give their heart a soul to care for the dying. Every day is a gift even in these difficult times and if weren’t for our trust in god we wouldn’t know what to do. I hope you are doing well Eric along with all the members of this awesome forum. All any of us have is today ,peace to all of you, Paul.
    Paul, I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.

10. Pearl Corporation USA

I'm thinking how happy Lonnie would be to see the L.A. Dodgers advance to the NLCS against the Braves. Lonnie bled Dodger Blue even though he loves Red drums!
    Last edited by AL PERCIVAL; 10-15-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

11. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    I'm thinking how happy Lonnie would be to see the L.A. Dodgers advance to the NLCS against the Braves. Lonnie bled Dodger Blue even though he loves Red drums!
    Well, red drums just sound better!

12. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post

Paul, our good thoughts and prayers go out to you, to Karen, and her mother.
    The exhaustion, felt both emotionally and physically, is real. Moments like these are the ones in which we need to draw strength from our friends and loved ones. Those who work in hospice can not be commended or praised enough for the service and comfort that they provide.

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    Lonnie's name and Quotes were mentioned in the Hallowed Halls of Pearl HQ on Wednesday Morning between myself, Al and Derrick. We shared some good stories about a great guy..
    Hey Dudley, I think that it's fantastic that you were able visit Pearl Nashville and meet both Derek and Al in person! The fact that you shared some great stories about Lonny is a wonderful testament to the legacy of the man himself.

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Truer words were never spoken Al.
    Lonny absolutely loved his Dodgers, and would be thrilled that they advanced to the NLCS!
    Kevin