Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post
    Your Red Glass Masters MCX kit looks fantastic! Keep on a rockin and a rolling Lonny!

It is sincerely a honor and a pleasure to be a part of this wonderful group of people here on the Red Glass MCX thread.
    I have to rock and I have to roll too or I would die. The honor and pleasure is ours when you have time to join us Kevin! Dodgers and Cubs missed their first scheduled meeting last week. I hate this virus!
    Yeah I thought they were Red from the sound! I took microbiology in the late 80's and looking into an electron microscope all day was a strain for me. I also worked for years with an ER Doc that got his bachelors in Microbiology. I hope our best are getting closer!
    Last edited by nova; 05-10-2020 at 11:17 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Thank you Matt! We need a place to go; especially when we're at home most of the time. Masters Army Lifer's here lol Paul!

Marv post pics of your beautiful #406 Bronze Glass Glitter with all of those Paistes please. The SEC yields the highest percentage of drafted NFL players including all of the other conferences combined. The Raiders were hitting up Clemson over and over this year. Josh Jacobs RB from Bamma is healed and ready to run again. It angers me that the Lakers had a playoff berth and stopped; and the Dodgers with Codie and now Mookie are on pause; but what can we do? Hope football can start on time without a hitch. Better days to come! Go microbiologists!
    Lonny, I need to take some new pictures. Right now I’m on puppy patrol and she’s snoozing. My wife was in a very bad blue funk after our rescue dog died. I never saw her so depressed. They had a special bond. After two weeks of watching her mope, I said to her that maybe when the coronavirus calms down, we can look at a puppy or another rescue. Within hours, she was online looking at dogs. Bowie, our rescue dog was Maltese with maybe some poodle. My wife liked having a lap dog. Diva is not a lap dog. She found a “designer dog.” She’s a Maltese Havanese mix. We got her when she was 6 weeks. She’s 12 weeks now and very much a puppy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by quicksticks; 05-11-2020 at 05:12 PM.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

3. Registered User

Just as beautiful a set as always my friend. Glad to see another friendly red glass thread and that the tradition rolls on

4. FKA Tasty808

Lonny, we've been on this forum almost the same amount of time. You started 8 days before I did. You have over 17,700 posts compared to my 2,600(!). I don't think we've ever spoke directly to each other in all this time...

So, Hello, and your kit is BEAUTIFUL!!!

5. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Lonny, I need to take some new pictures. Right now I’m on puppy patrol and she’s snoozing. My wife was in a very bad blue funk after our rescue dog died. I never saw her so depressed. They had a special bond. After two weeks of watching her mope, I said to her that maybe when the coronavirus calms down, we can look at a puppy or another rescue. Within hours, she was online looking at dogs. Bowie, our rescue dog was Maltese with maybe some poodle. My wife liked having a lap dog. Diva is not a lap dog. She found a “designer dog.” She’s a Maltese Havanese mix. We got her when she was 6 weeks. She’s 12 weeks now and very much a puppy.
    Cute Marv, I expect the pup will continue to bring much joy.

Due to lock down Casper is overdue for a groom, and can't get one until June 1st. Just as well we are approaching winter and the extra coat is not much of a burden.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-12-2020 at 01:03 AM.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

6. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

Due to lock down Casper is overdue for a groom, and can't get one until June 1st. Just as well we are approaching winter and the extra coat is not much of a burden.
    I know how you feel Mike and Marv! Diva entered her big time shedding season yesterday. This lasts for about 2 months if I remember correctly. She'll need to be brushed before she comes in the house. I just love her to pieces though. Remember the day both ears popped up forever?
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

7. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Lonny, we've been on this forum almost the same amount of time. You started 8 days before I did. You have over 17,700 posts compared to my 2,600(!). I don't think we've ever spoke directly to each other in all this time...

So, Hello, and your kit is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    Just as beautiful a set as always my friend. Glad to see another friendly red glass thread and that the tradition rolls on
    I've read many of your posts Josh, but I don't know what kits are in your jam room currently. You live much closer to me than most PDF members; to the west and south where the sun shines hot already this year. This forum has changed a lot but there are still so many great people! Relax, hang around and chill with us and we will all continue to party (even if only at home). Welcome!

Hey LD! Good to see you this morning!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

8. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

Thanks Mike. Our dogs look like cousins. My Aussiedoodle is overdue for a grooming as well. Our groomer isn’t working yet, and that’s probably best. Things are starting to reopen here and I’m just waiting to see if things get worse, better, or stay the same.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

9. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    I've read many of your posts Josh, but I don't know what kits are in your jam room currently. You live much closer to me than most PDF members; to the west and south where the sun shines hot already this year. This forum has changed a lot but there are still so many great people! Relax, hang around and chill with us and we will all continue to party (even if only at home). Welcome!
    I see you're in Albuquerque. I stayed the night there on my drive from Traverse City, Michigan down to Phoenix, Arizona. We pulled in at sunset and filled up our tanks before grabbing some food and checking in to the hotel, it was beautiful. I remember it was still nice and cool in August, shorts and T-shirt weather even. We left the next afternoon, in no hurry since we only had six hours to go and it was raining and smelled great! I drove a 14 foot U-Haul down through the mountain side through construction with just a few inches of clearance between me and the cement partitions lining the road. I was so nervous! That was in 2008(!). Seems like forever ago...

As far as drums though, I'm back to a red kit since we all know red kits just sound better! Rocking my Session Studio Select in Crimson burst.

10. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Thanks Mike. Our dogs look like cousins. My Aussiedoodle is overdue for a grooming as well. Our groomer isn’t working yet, and that’s probably best. Things are starting to reopen here and I’m just waiting to see if things get worse, better, or stay the same.
    It is interesting seeing the different breeds crossed with Maltese and Poodle, we do like our dogs blend.

Tomorrow we drop down a level of constraint. Schools, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, museums, libraries, markets can all reopen with some restrictions. No bars and night clubs yet. However family gatherings, funerals, weddings, churches and public meetings can only have a max of 10 people - this has caused a public backlash. The country has bought into the lock down rules generally but now the control has gone too far, especially when NZ has 0 new cases being found and less than 80 active cases remaining. Some think our PM wants eradication of the virus which will look good before the global community, though it is not wholly possible until there is a vaccine. We will have to live with it and manage it, and be thankful we are much better off than many around the world.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

11. Skeld-the -wicked

Red Drums !
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    Pearl Masters Premium MRP 14x5.5 snare
    Ian Paice Signature Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

12. Bad Girlfriend

Yes; Paul, Josh, and I have discovered beyond a shadow of a doubt that Red Drums Sound Best!

It has to do with the jar of Red ju ju that Al hand packs into each Red drum! They can't be beat!

I went to Phoenix in 2010 and it was spring! I was there for a seminar on medical coding but I loved every second outside the class room!

Love both of your kits!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY