Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

A sweet early birthday present indeed Paul!

That’s one sharp and stealthy looking Masters Premium MMP, all decked out in black on black.
    Happy Birthday Paul!
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

2. Skeld-the -wicked

Thanks Kevin ! How are things in the Windy City? I hope you and your family are well.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    Pearl Masters Premium MRP 14x5.5 snare
    Ian Paice Signature Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

3. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Thanks Paul. I hope that you and your family are well too.

Yeah, everyone down here is fine, a little bored, but thank goodness all are healthy.

We haven't been up to Wisconsin since early March, when our lockdown in Illinois began. I really miss our Saturday trips up there to eat dinner at places like Machine Shed, Jose's Blue Sombrero, etc..., and to grocery shop at Woodman's. I know that Wisconsin's Supreme Court overrode the Governor's orders, thus opening up the "dine in" option for the restaurants up there, but I think we'll give it just a little more time to return to normal. In the meantime, we've been hitting up a lot of our local restaurants for "curbside to go" takeout, and of course delivery. Not to mention, good ole home cooking too.

This too shall pass, and we will return to our normal routines. Till then, we'll protect the health of ourselves and others, and we'll have some more good old-fashioned "soup and grilled cheese sandwiches" for dinner.
    Kevin

4. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post
    Thanks Paul. I hope that you and your family are well too.

Yeah, everyone down here is fine, a little bored, but thank goodness all are healthy.

We haven't been up to Wisconsin since early March, when our lockdown in Illinois began. I really miss our Saturday trips up there to eat dinner at places like Machine Shed, Jose's Blue Sombrero, etc..., and to grocery shop at Woodman's. I know that Wisconsin's Supreme Court overrode the Governor's orders, thus opening up the "dine in" option for the restaurants up there, but I think we'll give it just a little more time to return to normal. In the meantime, we've been hitting up a lot of our local restaurants for "curbside to go" takeout, and of course delivery. Not to mention, good ole home cooking too.

This too shall pass, and we will return to our normal routines. Till then, we'll protect the health of ourselves and others, and we'll have some more good old-fashioned "soup and grilled cheese sandwiches" for dinner.

Hey Kevin, I’m glad you and your family are doing well. It sounds like we’re living mirror lives. My wife is a shopaholic and loves roaming malls, but she too will wait. I like going to the malls with her in the summer when it’s too hot to go for walks outside. I get to walk without getting sweaty and she shops. Win win. Hopefully next summer will be better. Curbside is the greatest and so many restaurants are offering it now. Some have family options that are more reasonably priced. I recently discovered Target’s curbside service. I do my order online and they text me when it’s ready for pickup. When I get there, I press the button to open the hatch on my SUV, and after thanking them, I press the button, close the hatch, and I’m off. I used to think of that as being lazy; now I think it’s smart. Between those options and Amazon Prime, staying safe hasn’t been been a horrible experience. We’ve done our fair share of soup and grilled cheese too.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

5. Bad Girlfriend

The new vaccine and the double whammy treatment is giving me hope. I have a coupon for a really good steak house that I'm dying to use. Yesterday was a meeting back at the Club. Great to go home and they painted, updated, laid tile that looks like wood, etc while it was closed! The really good news is it seems like no one among us caught the virus! Way to go everyone!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

6. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

I’m glad that everyone here is doing well during all of this. Both mentally and physically.

Our daily routines might have changed, but we will get back to doing all the things that we enjoyed doing before the pandemic. All in due time. My heart goes out to all of those individuals who are working on the frontlines, keeping those of us who are at home safe.

Marv, that’s a smart idea about taking advantage of the air conditioning in the malls. A win-win indeed. I haven’t used Target’s curbside service yet, but I’m glad that it has worked out well for you. Soup & sammys for everybody!

Lonny, I’m glad that you had a chance to attend one of your meetings. I know that you were very concerned about new members/first-timers that might have shown up, only to find out that there was no one there to welcome them. On a lesser note, the restaurants that used to send me e-coupons have been offering 15% discounts and such for takeout. So, we have been taking advantage of their offers. Hopefully, a win-win for both the restaurants and the takeout diner as well.

C’mon Science! Soup and vaccines for everybody!
    Kevin

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I’m glad that everyone here is doing well during all of this. Both mentally and physically.

Our daily routines might have changed, but we will get back to doing all the things that we enjoyed doing before the pandemic. All in due time. My heart goes out to all of those individuals who are working on the frontlines, keeping those of us who are at home safe.

Marv, that’s a smart idea about taking advantage of the air conditioning in the malls. A win-win indeed. I haven’t used Target’s curbside service yet, but I’m glad that it has worked out well for you. Soup & sammys for everybody!

Lonny, I’m glad that you had a chance to attend one of your meetings. I know that you were very concerned about new members/first-timers that might have shown up, only to find out that there was no one there to welcome them. On a lesser note, the restaurants that used to send me e-coupons have been offering 15% discounts and such for takeout. So, we have been taking advantage of their offers. Hopefully, a win-win for both the restaurants and the takeout diner as well.

C’mon Science! Soup and vaccines for everybody!
    I’m not only paying out rent and salaries for nothing right, it’s happening what is my busiest time of the year. I own a swim school for those who don’t know and I need to open NOW! The problem is even if I was allowed I’m not sure if parents would trust everything and get started.

I can’t afford to keep up this pace as I’m on pace to have been able to pay off my house if this goes on for a year. I will question for sure come next April if any of this is the right decision for me to make. If I am forced to go out of business then, I will forever regret making this decision.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I’m not only paying out rent and salaries for nothing right, it’s happening what is my busiest time of the year. I own a swim school for those who don’t know and I need to open NOW! The problem is even if I was allowed I’m not sure if parents would trust everything and get started.

I can’t afford to keep up this pace as I’m on pace to have been able to pay off my house if this goes on for a year. I will question for sure come next April if any of this is the right decision for me to make. If I am forced to go out of business then, I will forever regret making this decision.
    And to think you are only one of hundreds of thousands of small businesses in this predicament. I am beginning to think we were sold a BS load of goods in dealing with this virus. Not discounting any human losses but maybe there was a better way to save what America is all about when it comes to small businesses. Sorry for your circumstances.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks

9. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Dale, I can only imagine how hard the decisions are that you face daily as a small business owner during this pandemic.

Not only how it impacts your business and family, but how it effects the families and lives of those whom you employ. I empathize with you, and I hope that my comments did not come off as sounding too caviler about the serious situation that you and many other small business owners face because of this virus, as that was not my intent.

I also understand that you live in a region (New York/New Jersey area) that was hit particularly hard by this virus. No one's sure on exactly how long it's going to take for this to pass, but it will. When it does, I can only hope that people are going to want to get back to their "normal" routines, as I'm sure all of us do.

All that I can offer is hope, and a truly sympathetic ear.
    Hope in believing that you will find a way to successfully navigate this pandemic, both as a businessman, and as a family man.
    Kevin

10. Bad Girlfriend

When I was 3 we were on a "family fun trip" and I jumped into the deep end. My mom was a little behind me and she jumped in and pulled me out. I started swimming lessons as soon as we got home. Not long after, 2 of my friends and I would go to the Pasadena YMCA (long before the Village People). We would swim, then go to the gym all day every week day. I got up to Flying Fish before my dad took a job in NM.
    Swimming lessons are vital Dale! I'm happy to know that you are providing them and hope you are back at work really soon.

I'm also very happy that I am retired from the Emergency Room! That is not a safe place right now!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by killerkick View Post
    And to think you are only one of hundreds of thousands of small businesses in this predicament. I am beginning to think we were sold a BS load of goods in dealing with this virus. Not discounting any human losses but maybe there was a better way to save what America is all about when it comes to small businesses. Sorry for your circumstances.
    No. Living up here in the danger zone this **** is real. In my mom’s senior home in 6 weeks time 39 residents and 17 employees got it. My mom died while there, but she had cancer. It may have simply made it come faster. We won’t know as they never tested her due to her already being in hospice care.

My head teacher’s mom also got it and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. They were greatly concerned to say the least.

Dale, I can only imagine how hard the decisions are that you face daily as a small business owner during this pandemic.

Not only how it impacts your business and family, but how it effects the families and lives of those whom you employ. I empathize with you, and I hope that my comments did not come off as sounding too caviler about the serious situation that you and many other small business owners face because of this virus, as that was not my intent.

I also understand that you live in a region (New York/New Jersey area) that was hit particularly hard by this virus. No one's sure on exactly how long it's going to take for this to pass, but it will. When it does, I can only hope that people are going to want to get back to their "normal" routines, as I'm sure all of us do.

All that I can offer is hope, and a truly sympathetic ear.
    Hope in believing that you will find a way to successfully navigate this pandemic, both as a businessman, and as a family man.
    Thank you very much.

12. Away From The World

Sorry to hear of that impact. Small-medium sized business here are hemorrhaging, some gone, some going and some who will in time. Even large businesses are shedding staff in their thousands. NZ has done well in the health stats but a big price will be paid for that. There are govt business subsidies in place currently which is delaying the inevitable for some, my firm has made changes and I'll be very grateful if I still have my job 4 months from now.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.