Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    No. Living up here in the danger zone this **** is real. In my momís senior home in 6 weeks time 39 residents and 17 employees got it. My mom died while there, but she had cancer. It may have simply made it come faster. We wonít know as they never tested her due to her already being in hospice care.

My head teacherís mom also got it and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. They were greatly concerned to say the least.
    I wasn't implying "this ****" wasn't real. My wife is a Registered Respiratory Therapist and she has been up close and personal with helping people stay alive. So yeah we know "this ****" is real. Also I think a "danger zone" is wherever this virus monster raises it's ugly head, to whatever degree that might be.
    My original point was how maybe it could have been dealt with better in lieu of small businesses.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by killerkick View Post
    I wasn't implying "this ****" wasn't real. My wife is a Registered Respiratory Therapist and she has been up close and personal with helping people stay alive. So yeah we know "this ****" is real. Also I think a "danger zone" is wherever this virus monster raises it's ugly head, to whatever degree that might be.
    My original point was how maybe it could have been dealt with better in lieu of small businesses.
    I’m sorry. I misunderstood you when you said, “ I am beginning to think we were sold a BS load of goods in dealing with this virus.“

To me the economic problem simply comes down to the banks. They make billions upon billions of dollars every quarter and all they had to postpone collecting of loans by simply adding the additional months to the end of mortgage. In turn the government could have implemented a law stating no rent can be collected by any landlords both personal and commercial. This would give small businesses a huge amount of breathing room as well the stimulus checks handed out could have been used to pay for groceries during these few months.

But once again, greed gets in the way.

3. Bad Girlfriend

Very sorry to hear about your mother Dale. We had our 2nd Mother's Day without Mom. My 2 remaining sisters and I were very sad as our mother kept our family together. They both have kids to celebrate but still loosing a mother is very hard. She was only 92.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

4. Chomp, Chomp

So many small businesses have been hit especially hard. Many of these people put their entire savings into their businesses thinking that it would provide their family with financial security. Unfortunately, so much of the stimulus money has gone to big corporations who used it to purchase company stock to artificially inflate net their net worth rather than give it to their employees. Several were shamed into returning the money.
    My heart really goes to guys like Dale who not only provides for his family but provides jobs for others so they too can care for their families. I fear that even if things open up in NJ, parents are going to be concerned about sending their kids swim school, public school, or any place where groups gather. I wish I could offer some optimism. We’ll all know more in four to six weeks after seeing what happens in states as things reopen. In the meantime we all need to be responsible when we venture out. Remember, if you think a mask is uncomfortable, you’re really not going to like a ventilator.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    So many small businesses have been hit especially hard. Many of these people put their entire savings into their businesses thinking that it would provide their family with financial security. Unfortunately, so much of the stimulus money has gone to big corporations who used it to purchase company stock to artificially inflate net their net worth rather than give it to their employees. Several were shamed into returning the money.
    My heart really goes to guys like Dale who not only provides for his family but provides jobs for others so they too can care for their families. I fear that even if things open up in NJ, parents are going to be concerned about sending their kids swim school, public school, or any place where groups gather. I wish I could offer some optimism. We’ll all know more in four to six weeks after seeing what happens in states as things reopen. In the meantime we all need to be responsible when we venture out. Remember, if you think a mask is uncomfortable, you’re really not going to like a ventilator.
    The banks are the only ones who can truly help. If they simply delay & extend all mortgages, the government can pass a law stating landlords of both commercial and residential cannot collect rent. They make billions & billions. They can spare some.

Then the stimulus money could be used for food & utilities and the PPP could pay employees, but we all know none of this is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Sorry to hear of that impact. Small-medium sized business here are hemorrhaging, some gone, some going and some who will in time. Even large businesses are shedding staff in their thousands. NZ has done well in the health stats but a big price will be paid for that. There are govt business subsidies in place currently which is delaying the inevitable for some, my firm has made changes and I'll be very grateful if I still have my job 4 months from now.
    Right now I’m dipping into the profit that I was saving to invest in a second location solely for myself. I currently have one 8 I’m subletting. That’s not going to happen anytime soon now.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    When I was 3 we were on a "family fun trip" and I jumped into the deep end. My mom was a little behind me and she jumped in and pulled me out. I started swimming lessons as soon as we got home. Not long after, 2 of my friends and I would go to the Pasadena YMCA (long before the Village People). We would swim, then go to the gym all day every week day. I got up to Flying Fish before my dad took a job in NM.
    Swimming lessons are vital Dale! I'm happy to know that you are providing them and hope you are back at work really soon.

I'm also very happy that I am retired from the Emergency Room! That is not a safe place right now!
    Thank you, Lonny.

6. Registered User

Dale,

My kid's summer swim team is now canceled here in Ohio. No practices; no meets. Fall season: TBD.

Community pool doesn't expect it will open until July. If then.

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Dale,

My kid's summer swim team is now canceled here in Ohio. No practices; no meets. Fall season: TBD.

Community pool doesn't expect it will open until July. If then.
    Asinine.

“ COVID-19 & Pools
    According to the CDC there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.

For the latest and most up to date information on the Coronavirus please visit the CDC website.”

8. Away From The World

I'm looking forward to my local pool complex reopening, I renewed my membership just before the virus hit to start swimming before work each day. Was a regular thing for me several years ago that I enjoyed.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

9. He needs some milk

I forgot how good these kits looked...hope everyone is healthy and safe. Strange times.

10. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
    I forgot how good these kits looked...hope everyone is healthy and safe. Strange times.
    Omg, what a blast from the past. How are you?
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

11. A Passion Play ...

Very sorry to hear about your Mother Dale. This combined with everything else is
    a real sad hand to be dealt. Stay strong and keep going. Thinking of you Sir.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

12. A Passion Play ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila View Post

Well hello to my friend. Been a while. Do you still have your MCX ?
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...