Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
  1. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hello my friends. I found out yesterday that I
    have COVID-19. I have shut myself away from
    my world. Staying away from my grocery store
    job. Staying away from my Wife. I can’t even
    pet my cat. Just me out in the den. I feel strange.
    Very different then other illnesses I have had before.
    Please, please take care of yourselves and your
    Loved ones. Let me know how you are doing ok.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Not sure if Lonny or anyone else would care, but here's little baby Macy!

I think of us all like brothers with a few sisters here on the forum. I talk and share with you all here more than some of my good friends in my own city. Granted, this past year has been a difficult one to navigate with COVID and having a baby, but still, I'm always happy to hear from our crew here.

I hope someone is taking care of Lonny's gear for him... I thought about this the other day while I was cleaning out my drum room. What the hell is my wife going to do with all my drums?! I'm most certainly going to pass before she does... I know that's a little morbid, but I think about that stuff all the time.
    That’s one cute kid. My daughter is 32. Other than the high school years, she’s been a joy. Enjoy your new addition to your family; the years fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post

Here in the Red Glass MCX thread we are all family.
    Sure, we talk about our love of drums, but we also discuss many aspects of our lives, with a mutual kinship and respect for one another.

Lonny would have loved that you chose to share you pictures of Macy with us here.
    Totally agree
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

2. Registered User

Get well Eric. My Dad, who just got the all clear, for what has now amounted to two years in a row of being diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma, got round 1 of the vaccine this morning. Being through this pandemic cannot happen soon enough. I hope you get beyond this with the mildest symptoms possible.

Enjoy every moment of watching your little one grow, it goes by so fast. She's adorable Josh.

3. FKA Tasty808

Thanks guys! She's really sprouted up in weight these past few days. I can't believe it.

J kuhl, happy to hear about your father. I hope everything continues on down a good path.

4. Pearl fan

Aww man, I am very saddened to hear about Lonny’s passing. I never met him in person but he just seemed like the coolest dude around! He was always very quick to give me rep whenever I posted pics of my MCX kit along with a nice message. May he Rest In Peace.

5. Usurper Title

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Get well Eric. My Dad, who just got the all clear, for what has now amounted to two years in a row of being diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma, got round 1 of the vaccine this morning. Being through this pandemic cannot happen soon enough. I hope you get beyond this with the mildest symptoms possible.

Enjoy every moment of watching your little one grow, it goes by so fast. She's adorable Josh.
    Speaking from experience, Lymphoma and its treatments are a real ******. Two years of stage 4 is unimaginable. All clear has got to be pretty great after that. Best of luck to your father going forward.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Speaking from experience, Lymphoma and its treatments are a real ******. Two years of stage 4 is unimaginable. All clear has got to be pretty great after that. Best of luck to your father going forward.
    Thanks, I assumed incorrectly in both cases, that he was going to die. The treatment last year shrunk the cancer to the point that it was undetectable on the scans and they prematurely gave him a cancer free diagnosis. Right around the same time the initial diagnosis in 2019 was made (late June 2020 )he started to feel crappy again and was shortly thereafter, informed that the cancer was still present. If the current round of chemo yields the same results, he becomes a candidate for Car-T therapy which has a very high success rate but is extremely invasive and in the cases it doesn't work, its pretty brutal. The success rate is around 80% though. Fingers crossed that we won't have to find out. I lost my Mother to cancer 12 years ago and that experience made me more prone to think the worst about my Dad. The medical technology for fighting this disease has really progressed and the people dedicated to the battle are nothing short of amazing. Eradicating cancer will go down as among the greatest achievements of mankind.

7. The Sensitone Guy

Rest In Peace, Lonny. My only kit is a Pearl MCX in bronze sparkle. It means a little more to me knowing how much you thought of Pearl drums; especially MCX.

8. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Rest In Peace, Lonny. My only kit is a Pearl MCX in bronze sparkle. It means a little more to me knowing how much you thought of Pearl drums; especially MCX.
    Hear hear Andy. I have the same kit as you and the Masters badge reminds me of Lonny, along with others here.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

9. A Passion Play ...

Hello everyone. I am still feeling sick. Anyway I just
    wanted to check in to say hey. I think of Lonny all
    the time. I miss that man terribly. Thanks to the
    friends of Lonny and the Red Glass MCX thread.
    Means a lot that you all leave comments. Take
    care of yourselves and your family. I am looking
    forward to 2022.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

10. Skeld-the -wicked

I miss him too Eric . I’m sorry you are still sick. It’s so difficult to get motivated these days.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 01-31-2021 at 06:21 AM.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc 14x5.5 Masterworks African Mahogany Snare

Ian Paice Signature Snare,
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

11. Registered User

Lonny was an icon on here. He will be missed.
    RBH Monarch Drums in Merlot Sparkle
    RBH Westwood Drums in Green Sparkle

12. The Sensitone Guy

Best wishes and speedy recovery, Eric.