Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
  1. FKA Tasty808

So sorry for your loss.

2. 2-time PDF FFL CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thinking of Lonny.. my younger brother died unexpectedly on the weekend. 38 years young. A medical event, won't have the coroners findings for a while. Still surreal as we go though the process of organizing the funeral and all things related, he arrives back into town tomorrow from the city where he died. Funeral 3 days away, will be a tough few days for family.
    Oh no, Im terribly terribly sorry to hear, Mike. Condolences to your family, I can only imagine how rough of a time yall are experiencing with such an untimely passing.
    22x18 (2) | 10x7 | 12x8 | 16x16 | 18x16

22x18 (2) | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x11 | 16x13

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

3. Registered User

Mike, there are no words for these kinds of events. Sorry just doesn't seem to be enough but man am I sorry. We're all here for you in any way we can be. My condolences to you and your family.

4. Away From The World

Gentlemen, thank you all for the kind words of support. Never met any of you in person, yet I know you care.

It was a tough but also bonding week for the family. In my families culture it's normal to have the deceased lying in state for two or more days in the home or a meeting place, while family and friends can visit, show support and respect, tell stories and share memories, laugh and cry together. That all happened. The process certainly brings people closer and the final funeral is less traumatic, in my brothers case it was a celebration of his life. It will still hurt for some time, but a supportive family will see us through.

Thanks again guys.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

5. Away From The World

Appropriate to acknowledge the passing of Dusty Hill, Lonny was a ZZ Top man.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.