Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
  1. Skeld-the -wicked

Hey guys, it’s Kevin’s birthday today ! Thanks on the congrats concerning the Ip snare Kevin. The B SIde Band will be playing Downtown Waukesha Friday NIGHT LIVE. 7/17/20 in front of Mia’s Italian Restaurant 6:00 to 9:00 pm. I will be playing the MHX Kit!
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    Pearl Masters Premium MRP 14x5.5 snare
    Ian Paice Signature Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

2. Bad Girlfriend

Happy Birthday Kevin!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

3. Skeld-the -wicked

Lonny, percussion king had a MHX 18x16 FT brand new that would have matched my kit but it looks like it sold. That’s probably good for me. At least I don’t have to obsess about it.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 07-07-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

4. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Hey guys, itís Kevinís birthday today ! Thanks on the congrats concerning the Ip snare Kevin. The B SIde Band will be playing Downtown Waukesha Friday NIGHT LIVE. 7/17/20 in front of Miaís Italian Restaurant 6:00 to 9:00 pm. I will be playing the MHX Kit!
    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Happy Birthday Kevin!
    Thank you for the birthday wishes gentlemen!
    It;s good to hear that The B Side Band has an outdoor gig lined up. Let those MHX beauties roar!
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

5. Skeld-the -wicked

Oh well, Another festival canceled Waukesha Friday Night live is done for the year. It was supposed to start July 10 and go through September. I’m in 2 bands and combined we lost 5 gigs. We have 1 gig left at a Harley dealership.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

6. A Passion Play ...

Hey everyone. Just checking in to say hello.
    I hope that all of you are staying healthy and safe.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

7. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Hey Eric.

Things seem to be pretty slow activity-wise on the ol' PDF this past week.
    Our household is doing fine, as I hope all of yours are. We're very thankful that we are all healthy here at home.

I went grocery shopping yesterday, and that's about the extent of my "excitement" for the week. Yesterday was a scorcher temp-wise around these parts. With the heat index factored in it felt like 100įs plus. Thank goodness for air-conditioning!
    Kevin

8. Skeld-the -wicked

HI Eric & Kevin, my wife and I are doing well. This photo is from a 2015 gig.. Iím back with this trio now but the Bassman had sadly passed 11/2 years ago. The new Bassman is from my other band The B Side. We are Billy Lethal. There might be some that question the band name but we can hand out tissue at our gigs if needed!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 07-20-2020 at 07:16 AM.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

9. Bad Girlfriend

Hey guys! Nice pics Paul! I remember Billy Lethal. Did you have to find a singing bass player? Bass is the hardest person to find.

Has anyone heard from Marv? Hope his family is hanging in there! Our clubs haven't reopened at all (bars) and the AA Clubs can't have functions. I've had a summer cold about 6 days now and it's been hot! Not going out till this cold heals.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

10. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Hey Paul and Lonny,

Paul, I remember seeing you play with Billy Lethal at Shank Hall a few years ago. I can't remember the name of the band I first saw you playing with at The Twisted Fisherman. However, by sheer coincidence, we saw that same band playing on one of the smaller stages at Summerfest back in July 2018. I said to my family, "That's Paul's old band!". So, we found a shaded spot and watched their set. I remember that we were killing time at Summerfest before the Def Leppard/Journey concert at the Amphitheater later that night.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing you play with The B-Side Band yet. When this pandemic subsides, and we start going back out to bars, restaurants, and music venues, I'll make a trip up to see you with the B-Side Band sometime.

Lonny, I hope that you feel better real soon.

I too hope that Marv and his family are doing OK down in Florida. We hear all of the news stories about the resurgence of the Covid hot-spots in those southern states like Florida. We're definitely concerned for those friends and family that we have living down there. Lonny, have they found a way for you to virtually attend some meetings via Zoom or Skype on a computer/tablet or smartphone? I personally don't know how hard it is to set something like that up, but someone in the group with the right "tech skills" should be able to facilitate that for you guys.
    Last edited by Blk Diamond; 07-20-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    Kevin

11. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post
    Hey Paul and Lonny,

Paul, I remember seeing you play with Billy Lethal at Shank Hall a few years ago. I can't remember the name of the band I first saw you playing with at The Twisted Fisherman. However, by sheer coincidence, we saw that same band playing on one of the smaller stages at Summerfest back in July 2018. I said to my family, "That's Paul's old band!". So, we found a shaded spot and watched their set. I remember that we were killing time at Summerfest before the Def Leppard/Journey concert at the Amphitheater later that night.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing you play with The B-Side Band yet. When this pandemic subsides, and we start going back out to bars, restaurants, and music venues, I'll make a trip up to see you with the B-Side Band sometime.

Lonny, I hope that you feel better real soon.

I too hope that Marv and his family are doing OK down in Florida. We hear all of the news stories about the resurgence of the Covid hot-spots in those southern states like Florida. We're definitely concerned for those friends and family that we have living down there. Lonny, have they found a way for you to virtually attend some meetings via Zoom or Skype on a computer/tablet or smartphone? I personally don't know how hard it is to set something like that up, but someone in the group with the right "tech skills" should be able to facilitate that for you guys.
    I have been going back to the club. In the Spring we met in a park and it was kind of a nice change. We played last night and this group is ready to play ouy. (A.D.D.) There is no place open. We have a gig to celebrate things open when they do.

Yes Marv is in a hot spot. We hear about his area every day. Hope they went on vacation to Idaho or SD. I've been staying home a lot. Stay out of the gang wars Kevin! I'm sure you know where not to go. This is our world. Have a roomie since April.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. Skeld-the -wicked

Default MHX at a outdoor gig at Suburban Harley on Friday.

The B Side Band rocked the crowd at Suburban Motors Harley Davidson on Friday. I broke in the Ian Paice Snare and it sounds incredible! I took my Matching MHX Snare along but the IP won out. .

Billy Lethal has 2 gigs coming up in August 14 th &. Sept 11th. The Governor imposed a state of emergency due to Covid 19. 60 day mask mandate to be worn at all public buildings including Bars, restaurants with outdoor seating.

The fine for not wearing a mask is $200.00. If the gigs happen I will comply but I think it will make singing a challenge but so be it.

Please don’t ruin this post by giving political & social opinions on what is going on , music is the only thing that brings us together in this difficult time.

When I sat behind my kit on Friday I gave thanks to the universe for this opportunity that few get the chance to experience.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 08-02-2020 at 05:45 AM.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks