Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
  1. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hello everyone. Wanted to say hello.
    I hope you all are doing great. Take care.
    Hello Eric. We are watching the weather reports down here hoping the storms pass us by. Good to see you on here.
    I don't get on that much these days, and since I don't get the notifications anymore I have to remember to log in and check the PDF.

2. Registered User

Hope everyone is doing well! I am friends with Lonny on Facebook but in all honesty I do not check it out much. Saddened by this news. Lonny was the first to reach out to me when I joined years ago. I still talk to Skeld occasionally and had the opportunity to talk to Richie Rich today about a possible purchase and we discussed the PDF briefly. I will try to stop back more often to see how everyone is doing. Happy April everyone!
    Pearl MMX - 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 22 Diamond Burst
    Tama Starclassic B/B - 12, 14, 16, 20 Shattered Turquoise
    Pearl Wood Fiberglass - 10, 13, 14, 16, 24 Satin Cocoa Burst

3. Skeld-the -wicked

Hi Tim,I hope you and your family had a great Easter. I miss Lonny a lot. I wish I could have met him 4 years ago when I was in Albuquerque but the timing wasn’t right. My Brother was interested in Richie’s DB MMX but decided not to buy it due to money issues .
    Good luck to you. Paul.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc 14x5.5 Masterworks African Mahogany Snare

Ian Paice Signature Snare,
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

4. Skeld-the -wicked

Default I know how much Lonny loved Red Drums

Found this on Reverb recently, I think Lonny would have appreciated this acquisition.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc 14x5.5 Masterworks African Mahogany Snare

Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

5. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Found this on Reverb recently, I think Lonny would have appreciated this acquisition.
    Yes indeed Paul,

Lonny would have definitely said without hesitation that, "Red drums sound the best!".

Congrats on your recent Reverb acquisition, to add to your sweet snare collection.
    It looks like it's a beautifully kept, 6 ply Masters Studio BRX snare, in wonderful Wine Red!
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

6. Skeld-the -wicked

Thank you Kevin. How are you?

Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

7. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Thanks for asking Paul, I'm doing well.

Everything is pretty much the same old, same old, with the exception of receiving my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine at the very end of last month. My family has been very lucky/blessed in regards to not catching the coronavirus. My Mom has been fully vaccinated for a few months now, and my sisters and myself will be fully vaccinated by the end of this month.

I really hope that all is well with you and your family Paul, and I look forward to being able to come see you and your B-Side Band later this summer.
    Kevin

8. A Passion Play ...

Checking in. Finally going back to work. I have
    what they call long COVID-19. Long term symptoms.
    Anyway hope you are all doing good and staying safe.
    Take care and get on the kit. Talk soon. Eric G.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

9. Skeld-the -wicked

Hi Eric, I’m glad your feeling better. Did you have to be hospitalized ? In Wisconsin no more mask mandates but most stores still require them.

I’m gigging regular again and it feels so good!

Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

10. life start at 125bpm

got the moderna shot couple days ago. they asked for me to take the astra zeneca at first,i refused then got to wait another 2 weeks but it,s now done.been a little dizzy for a day,and since the vaccine is pretty thick, the shot site was kind of swollen, but back to normal now....i've heard that the world won't be back to normal before 2023 and even later which means masks and all that jazz for still couple years and maybe more.the day we will be allowed to ditch the masks,it'll feel so funny ; we haven't seen people's face in public spaces and markets etcetc since a year now. we all looks like the artwork on the gentle giant album '''''civilian''''' LOL.

i still review some conversations i've got in the past via PM with LONNY.i think about nova nearly every day. bizarre,especially in my case,but listening to music,and playing....it isn't the same since his departure.....neil,then nova went away ,and it kind of got a hit on me.
    Last edited by rollracer; 04-18-2021 at 10:54 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

11. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Hey Nelson,

It is always good to see you here on the forum mon frère!

I'm glad to hear that you that you received your first shot of the Moderna vaccine. The more of us that get vaccinated, the sooner it will be that we can fully return to some sort of pre-pandemic normalcy.

I think that we all miss Lonny's presence here in his Red Glass thread, and think of him often. His unexpected passing last year hit us pretty hard, but his indomitable spirit of friendship and camaraderie still carries on through all of us here that had the fortunate chance to know him, and call him friend.
    Kevin

12. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    got the moderna shot couple days ago. they asked for me to take the astra zeneca at first,i refused then got to wait another 2 weeks but it,s now done.been a little dizzy for a day,and since the vaccine is pretty thick, the shot site was kind of swollen, but back to normal now....i've heard that the world won't be back to normal before 2023 and even later which means masks and all that jazz for still couple years and maybe more.the day we will be allowed to ditch the masks,it'll feel so funny ; we haven't seen people's face in public spaces and markets etcetc since a year now. we all looks like the artwork on the gentle giant album '''''civilian''''' LOL.

i still review some conversations i've got in the past via PM with LONNY.i think about nova nearly every day. bizarre,especially in my case,but listening to music,and playing....it isn't the same since his departure.....neil,then nova went away ,and it kind of got a hit on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post
    Hey Nelson,

It is always good to see you here on the forum mon frère!

I'm glad to hear that you that you received your first shot of the Moderna vaccine. The more of us that get vaccinated, the sooner it will be that we can fully return to some sort of pre-pandemic normalcy.

I think that we all miss Lonny's presence here in his Red Glass thread, and think of him often. His unexpected passing last year hit us pretty hard, but his indomitable spirit of friendship and camaraderie still carries on through all of us here that had the fortunate chance to know him, and call him friend.
    I’m glad to hear that you’re both vaccinated. Nelson, I think you made the right decision. My brother is a Harvard trained immunologist and he too has doubts about the Astra Zeneca vaccine. He said the science behind the Pfizer and Moderna was sound.
    I received my second dose of Pfizer on 2/22. Because I’m an old fart, I was in the first round of vaccinations. I had to go to Hard Rock Stadium in Miami for mine. I had a five hour wait for the first dose, but only a 30 minute wait for the second. My wife and son just received their second dose locally last week and had no wait. I lost another friend in February to covid. She was only 53 years old.

I too miss Lonny and have reviewed the last several PM’s that we had. I can’t bring myself to delete them. I can hear his voice when I read them.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals