Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Experienced Noob

Very nice new kit, Chris, & long time, no see!

It kills me that black nickel hardware was introduced after my kit was made. I'd have gotten that for sure if it was available at the time. Everything about your kit looks great.

2. Pearl Masters Drummer

Love the new kit Chris!!! I love the black nickel hardware too. Goes so well with so many different finishes. Congratulations on another set of superb drums!!

3. I just hit things...

Love both your kits, but I'm especially a sucker for red drums. And with the sparkles and black fade - they just look awesome together! Congrats on another amazing kit!
    Pearl MW/Ref Wine Red with Gold Hardware 18x22 (x2), 16x16, 14x14, 8x12, 8x10, 8x8, 7x6, 5.5x14 snare
    Masterworks: 14x5.5 snare, 6x7 rack tom Pictures post #1
    Reference: Pictures post#1,35,58,68,69
    Pics: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/album.php?u=92744
    WANTED: Gold Pearl Hardware. PM me.

4. Away From The World

Yes an awesome addition Chris, and plenty of time to enjoy!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

5. Chomp, Chomp

Both kits are masterpieces!
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

6. Masterworks Addict

Quote Originally Posted by insane65 View Post
    Sparkly!!!! Gorgeous!! Two beautiful kits. I love the specs for the new kick. Iím a bit partial to 24x16 kicks. Well done
    Thanks, this is my first experience with a 24" kick, and I am loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Kit looks great. Do you only play the gong drum? It's the only one I see with stick marks on it.
    It is one of my favorite drums to play for sure. The tom heads were brand new at the point while the gong head hadn't been changed

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Wow! Beautiful and love that finish!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Chris your new Masterworks Kit is beautiful! I also think itís great that you plan on giging with it . Did your MW Kit come with anti-drool medication?
    Ha... no such medication

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    Love it. Both kits look fabulous. I am partial to black and red as a color combination. Bet you wish you could set both of those up at the same time huh?
    Being my gig kit, I have a full set of stands/hardware/cymbals for it, and I've already had both of them setup face to face. Would be fun to make a double bass setup with the two of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Chris - drop dead gorgeous, and I love the sizes! Congratulations!
    Thanks Al! Sorry again that you didn't get to see them before they shipped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Looks great Chris. Very nice to see you here. All the best and please be safe Brother.
    Thanks Eric, good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    The new kit is a little small but looks great!
    Ha.. Thanks Glen. Gotta sacrifice one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    Looks awesome.. congratulations!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Hey Chris! Long time. New kit looks great and glad to see you staying busy playing out. Quite a snare collection too. I couldn't agree more with your approach of playing out with your drums. They're just drums, they're expensive sure but so are guitars. Play your favorite gear is my motto. Anyway, everything looks great man, glad to see posting.
    Hey Jamie, great to hear from you. I agree, and that's why I made the decision. They're material objects, and there's no sense in bubble wrapping them and treating them like museum pieces. Play them out, enjoy them, let people hear and see them. That's the way to get the most enjoyment out of it. It really is fulfilling to play this kit out live

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    Awesome Kit, I love the fade
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Dude... first of all, welcome back! We've missed you.

Second, that kit is amazing! What an awesome gig kit to have.
    Hey man, thanks. My length of stay is TBD I guess

Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    Enough color to make it pop without being over the top - I like it!! How weird is it to change gears from your blue kit to a 5-piece?
    Not at all really... I would say this is my most comfortable setup, whether it's for playing live or recording. That's not to say I don't feel comfortable on the larger setup, because I do. But sometimes less drums/cymbals opens up your creativity and doesn't make you feel like you have to get so many parts involved. Especially with the type of music I primarily play on the smaller kit. No Rush fills going on there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Very nice new kit, Chris, & long time, no see!

It kills me that black nickel hardware was introduced after my kit was made. I'd have gotten that for sure if it was available at the time. Everything about your kit looks great.
    Thanks Mike! I have been waiting for the black nickel option for quite some time. Back when I ordered the blue kit, I almost went with black hardware (prior to black nickel being available) but I'm glad I decided to go with the chrome on that kit, I think the black hardware would have been too much with the finish. But when I thought up the idea for this finish, I knew the black nickel was the perfect match for it

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    Love the new kit Chris!!! I love the black nickel hardware too. Goes so well with so many different finishes. Congratulations on another set of superb drums!!
    Thanks Justin! Good to hear from you! Hope you're doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by drummeric View Post
    Love both your kits, but I'm especially a sucker for red drums. And with the sparkles and black fade - they just look awesome together! Congrats on another amazing kit!
    Thanks Eric!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Yes an awesome addition Chris, and plenty of time to enjoy!
    Thanks Mike! Plenty of time indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Both kits are masterpieces!
    Thanks Marv!

7. th droids yerlookn4

man , its good to here from ya
    thats a nice new kit there