Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Ddrum dios for Mapex Pro M?!?

Currently Iím rocking an Olive Sparkle Ddrum Dios (custom sizes) 14x26 bass drum, 10x14 rack tom, 16x16 & 16x18 floor toms.

Name:  BE0D621A-7018-414B-A280-B1BBCF48D0F2.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  105.6 KB

Name:  576F7493-C5EE-4CD1-BD7B-B5E3B25FB5A4.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  122.7 KB

Now donít get me wrong I love this dios maple kit along with the big sizes. But the sound is huge.. I need more attack and more punch while playing. So I decided to sell this kit and in the process the original owner offered to buy it back and directed me to a Mapex Pro M kit.. my cymbals and snare will not be sold. Only the toms and bass. But the new Mapex Pro M kit comes with everything you see in the following picture and best of all.. itís being sold just under what Iím getting for the dios kit. I spoke to the seller who has agreed to hold the Mapex kit for me (we have a tight drummer community here in Jax! Thoughts anyone? All the reviews Iíve seen/heard about the Mapex Pro M has been outstanding! Plus this Mapex kit has a 20x22 virgin bass, 12in, 13in rack toms (not sure of depth) 16x16 and 16x18 floor toms, snare stand and a 6.5x14 snare. Plus a bass pedal (I already own a dw9000 double bass and a P3000D pearl direct drive single bass pedal. Also I have all the cymbal stands I need and I also have two tom clamps that hook to my cymbal stands to mount the 12in and 13in on.. so maybe by saving myself from getting the bass pedal, the hi-hate stand, and the two cymbal stands I may save some money..

Name:  420831E5-85AD-453B-9AE7-9977629E84A5.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  182.4 KB

Name:  D674D787-9B64-4864-A77A-80F34C7E2001.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  161.3 KB

So what do you ladies and gentlemen think about this deal? Honestly Iím stoked about this.. I feel like itís an upgrade!

2. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Lools great. If they sound as good as they look, it must be a good deal!

3. Registered User

Fantastic kits the Pro M. Had 3 of them
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

4. Registered User

I got the Mapex pro M, I sold the Dios kit for for a pretty decent amount and was able to use part of what I made from the dios and talked the guy down to $585. All heads (except 18in floor Tom and 14in snare” were Evans EC2 coated. Which I know I can take the coating off but I had already had a 12in and 16in ec2 and evening reso head. Then I thought the dios was 13in, 16in, and 18in.. turns out the 13 was a 14 but on this kit I have a 12, 13, 16, and 18in toms so I replaced all tom heads with brand new Evans ec2 clears. Bass has a very weird Aquarian power kick 2 with this white muffler ring on the inside of the batter. Maybe my last kick was a different Aquarian kick but they look the same other than this one having the huge white muffling ring..

Now the bad.. I have a SINGLE DW Tom holder that will hang a Tom from my cymbal stand.. I was given two Tom holders with no way to mount them to my cymbal stands (the bass is a 22x20 virgin). The L rods are hexagonal.. so rounded DW one doesn’t work. However I was able to just swap out the L rod but now I’ve gotta purchase another one. Plus I have 4 snares now but only 1 snare stand so I’ll need another one of those. I’ll post pics of it tomorrow.. he had tuned them already and they sounded decent... but I’m not a fan of coated heads. Plus I like 2 ply reso’s. I’m interested ted to hear this cannon of a bass. The snare sounds amazing and will be fully left alone. Since I replaced all the tom heads I’ll retune those along with tuning the reso heads to my personal liking. Fresh start lol. Thanks to YouTube I’ve stopped depending on my tension rod meter and just focused on the sound at each tension rod. Always sounds so much better as just having the same tension at each rod/lug doesn’t produce the best sound from a Tom.. now I do use it to tweak my snares as I want tension 90 and above but after I reach 90 I go by ear from there. I’m all about getting something and modifying it.. but honestly I love the color... the sizes are amazing.. and before I loaded it up I got to hear it and man did it sound beautiful! The tone difference between the 12, 13, 16, and 18 are just symphonic almost! Beautiful shells inside and out! Amazing condition considering it’s age too!!! Too bad an 8in Mapex Pro M maple is so hard to come by... that would make it fully complete but I’m so happy with it as is.. it matches my dark classic customs too..