Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. The Sensitone Guy

Beautiful collection. If I had to pick just one, I'd vote for the Oriollo bell brass snare. I'm a sucker for metal snares. Don't even own a wood one any more.

2. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by MWRushR40 View Post
    Hey Mike, good to hear from you. Yes, unfortunately that is one snare that I truly regret letting go of... probably going on 6-7 years ago now. Back in the days when I thought I needed to sell one piece of gear to fund the purchase of another. Glad to say I don’t take on that mindset anymore, and tend to just hang onto gear. Of course, having a full time job/career with some disposable income verses just getting out of college/starting my career plays a part in it as well. That being said, the DC snare is definitely on my “reacquire” list
    I hear you. I see the current DC snare is different but I do like the original. I was fortunate to acquire a new Eric Singer snare years ago, not realizing at the time what a collectors item it would become. Glad I still have it.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

3. Masterworks Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Beautiful collection. If I had to pick just one, I'd vote for the Oriollo bell brass snare. I'm a sucker for metal snares. Don't even own a wood one any more.
    Yes, it is a great sounding drum. An all-around work horse. Sounds amazing mic’d live, and in the studio. I’d really like to start adding a few more metal snares. Brass is up next I think.

4. Masterworks Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I hear you. I see the current DC snare is different but I do like the original. I was fortunate to acquire a new Eric Singer snare years ago, not realizing at the time what a collectors item it would become. Glad I still have it.
    Yeah I’m more in favor of the original as well. The ES was always one that I had an eye on... maybe one day I’ll have a shot at one again.

5. Purple Crazed

That is a fantastic snare collection and great display of them. They must be so fun to play! Thanks for sharing. My favorite finish(es) are your Blue Sparkle Burst snares.

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

6. Thwunk

Modest!!?? Looks like a pretty epic collection to me (needs more Ludwigs tho obviously )
    HHX hats, K crashes, K & Bosphorus rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 5.5x14 / Ludwig Black Beauty 5x14, COB Supraphonic 6.5x14 / Pearl Mahogany Classic Limited Edition / Sonor D505
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / SonorLite (Scandinavian birch)