Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    Mono Cymbal Bags look nice but I think they are definitely overkill for this guy who is putting fingerprints all over his Artisan cymbal.
    Attachment 517084
    I am cringing just looking at it
    Fingerprints add character and warmth to a cymbal. Kinda like “chicks dig scars”. Lol
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Fingerprints add character and warmth to a cymbal. Kinda like “chicks dig scars”. Lol
    I know you are correct on that but I just can't . . . can't pack up my cymbals without wearing gloves (even the ones that already had fingerprints on them when I bought them).

Dale, sorry for this minor derailment. Resume the cymbal case discussion. . .

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    I know you are correct on that but I just can't . . . can't pack up my cymbals without wearing gloves (even the ones that already had fingerprints on them when I bought them).

Dale, sorry for this minor derailment. Resume the cymbal case discussion. . .
    Wow. Wearing gloves is pretty excessive to me. I donít know when the last time I cleaned my cymbals let alone do that.

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Wow. Wearing gloves is pretty excessive to me. I don’t know when the last time I cleaned my cymbals let alone do that.
    Same here. I bought a bottle of Zildjian cymbal cleaner years ago… And never opened it.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

I wear gloves for setup and teardown too. Keeps oils and sweat off my gear so I don't have to clean it as often.

Yeah, it probably does seem a little excessive, but fingerprints on chrome is one of my triggers.

6. Miles Gibbons

Fingerprints add character and warmth to a cymbal. Kinda like ďchicks dig scarsĒ. Lol
    That's why I usually buy used cymbals - they've been pre-loved with lots of skin contact, so they have already been mellowed out.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

7. Drum sales/service

Don't rule out the Gator GP12. Great bag for the price!

https://www.gatorcases.com/products/...ger-bag-gp-12/
    Pearl MCX Mocha Tamo
    Pearl ELX Green Fade
    Pearl EXX Electric Blue Sparkle

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MilesAway View Post
    That's why I usually buy used cymbals - they've been pre-loved with lots of skin contact, so they have already been mellowed out.
    I’m sure the price helps too.

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by MilesAway View Post
    My new 16” Sabian AA Rock Crash from a “college demo show” is flawless. Paid about 1/2 of what it would’ve been new.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. NO KIT TOO BIG

The handle was such a design flaw, it was almost funny. ALMOST. And do NOT get me started on those wheels.
    I must say having owned the bag in question, I agree. However the newer designed hardware cases, with the retractable handle, and different more solid wheels are excellent. I have 3 of the 28" models for different hardware rigs (main kit, percussion rig, etc.) and they all stand up to a hell of a lot of abuse. They're more rigid than the previous and slightly slimmer in height (10" rather than 14") which makes it feel like a suitcase and not like a body bag! I'll be packing 2 of them in the back of my car with ease this weekend.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    I must say having owned the bag in question, I agree. However the newer designed hardware cases, with the retractable handle, and different more solid wheels are excellent. I have 3 of the 28" models for different hardware rigs (main kit, percussion rig, etc.) and they all stand up to a hell of a lot of abuse. They're more rigid than the previous and slightly slimmer in height (10" rather than 14") which makes it feel like a suitcase and not like a body bag! I'll be packing 2 of them in the back of my car with ease this weekend.
    That sounds like a VAST improvement! The original design was just horrible.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. NO KIT TOO BIG

That sounds like a VAST improvement! The original design was just horrible.
    Definitely. Having said that I pulled 15 years out of my old 38" bag. Much prefer the size and manoeuvrability of the 28s though. I found the ahead sleds I demo'd in a store far to heavy and bulky while empty (Not to mention way overpriced!). I was a bit dubious at first of the 10" height, to get my stands and throne top in, its a squeeze (Throne, 3 BC-150 stands, 1 BC-830, 1 S-830, music stand and tom clamp/FT legs) but you get used to packing it in order and everything just sitting in fine. If I didn't put the stool top in it would be a bit easier, but i'd rather it all travel together. I do know guys though who use a pair of 28" bags and split their stands between them to lower the weight (if they're using something like DW9000 stands which weigh a ton each).
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!