Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Must be because i'm not in the US, but that link opens up a page with a Yamaha Cornet on it!

If its the 22" Deluxe you're looking at, yes I have 2 of them. Though if you're wanting to comfortably fit a 22" in there, you're probably best upping to the 24" Deluxe. https://www.protectionracket.com/pro...-case-22-black
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Between the two forums, I’m getting a lot of recommendations. It’s almost like I’m back where I started: Protection Racket, Beato 1, Tackle, Cac Sac, Mono, Tama Power Pad, Reunion Blues...

3. Drumming Since 1943

I’d go with PR. They’re what I use and have never been let down.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Miles Gibbons

Dale get the Mono... mine has lasted longer than all of my other cymbal bags combined (including a Protection Racket bag), and is still in great shape. The padding is amazing and the zippers are indestructible. I've had it for 8 years, and use it to haul cymbals 4-5 times a week, every week - at least until Corona virus happened.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

5. Pearl Masters Drummer

Love my protection racket cymbal bag. Been using it easily for 12-13 years gigging and it's still solid as a rock. Never had an issue. Never used or have seen Mono. I'll check it out.

update: I just checked out the mono bag and some video reviews. Looks super sweet! I would totally consider that. Love the back pack straps. That's certainly something I wish the PR bag had.
    Last edited by Jutt8; 03-19-2020 at 07:05 AM.

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    Love my protection racket cymbal bag. Been using it easily for 12-13 years gigging and it's still solid as a rock. Never had an issue. Never used or have seen Mono. I'll check it out.

update: I just checked out the mono bag and some video reviews. Looks super sweet! I would totally consider that. Love the back pack straps. That's certainly something I wish the PR bag had.
    The only PR product that has been epic fail was the hardware bag I used to have: almost totally useless.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    The only PR product that has been epic fail was the hardware bag I used to have: almost totally useless.
    I agree with you. My hard ware bag wheels are bowed. They still work, but you can tell the bag is unhappy with the weight and I don't have a ton of hardware in it. My hardware bag is an older PR bag. It only has the rubber handle that is sewn to the bag and does not have the telescopic handle which I think the newer versions have. Again, it's still working, but you can see where the bag needs more re-enforcement due to bowing in certain places.

8. Registered User

I'm such a cymbal bag nerd Dale.

Other than my hardshell cases, I have bags from PR, Paiste and Meinl.

I don't particularly like the PR bag due to the fleece inserts. They are floppy and have no shape without a cymbal in it. Very annoying to remove it to load the cymbals and then re-insert it in the bag. The dividers are plush and soft and it has a reasonably padded top (about an inch of thicker, stiff material to hold its depth.

The Paiste bag is a cheapy and not worth considering.

I would suggest looking at the Meinl bag. While the interior is not fleece (nylon); the dividers are rigid and much easier to deal with than the PR dividers. The build quality is good, but it is lacking padding at the top.

I've never had my hands on a MONO bag, but they do look attractive and seem pretty bulletproof.

I highly recommend any cases by Wolfpak. But they haven't made drum cases in a few years and they are hard to come by.

I would stay away from Beato and Gator.

9. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Some other forum recommended Mono? What do you guys think?

https://monocreators.com/products/cymbal-case-22-ash
    That case looks nice, but it's really expensive. I just got this for 1/5 the price, and I think it holds the cymbals really nicely.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...%20bag&index=3

I love having the extra front pouch for hi-hat and splash cymbals. I have 4 bags/cases... so I don't rely on this as my only bag... but I think it's worth the money.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    I'm such a cymbal bag nerd Dale.

Other than my hardshell cases, I have bags from PR, Paiste and Meinl.

I don't particularly like the PR bag due to the fleece inserts. They are floppy and have no shape without a cymbal in it. Very annoying to remove it to load the cymbals and then re-insert it in the bag. The dividers are plush and soft and it has a reasonably padded top (about an inch of thicker, stiff material to hold its depth.

The Paiste bag is a cheapy and not worth considering.

I would suggest looking at the Meinl bag. While the interior is not fleece (nylon); the dividers are rigid and much easier to deal with than the PR dividers. The build quality is good, but it is lacking padding at the top.

I've never had my hands on a MONO bag, but they do look attractive and seem pretty bulletproof.

I highly recommend any cases by Wolfpak. But they haven't made drum cases in a few years and they are hard to come by.

I would stay away from Beato and Gator.
    I have a Wolfpak tom bag. Youíre right. It is well made, but I am leaning towards the Mono.

Though Rushdrums24ís friend had an issue, heís the only I see who has. If they were willing to replace it, though itís a hassle, I think they are sincerely trying to do right by the customer here.

I like how the zipper is not center and padding on all sides looks top notch, especially the bottom. On top of that, I like how the padding on top isnít directly exposed. The 3 separate compartments and clutch holder are nice bonuses as well.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to write something.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    I agree with you. My hard ware bag wheels are bowed. They still work, but you can tell the bag is unhappy with the weight and I don't have a ton of hardware in it. My hardware bag is an older PR bag. It only has the rubber handle that is sewn to the bag and does not have the telescopic handle which I think the newer versions have. Again, it's still working, but you can see where the bag needs more re-enforcement due to bowing in certain places.
    The handle was such a design flaw, it was almost funny. ALMOST. And do NOT get me started on those wheels.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Purple Crazed

Mono Cymbal Bags look nice but I think they are definitely overkill for this guy who is putting fingerprints all over his Artisan cymbal.
    Name:  monobagcymbal.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  48.1 KB
    I am cringing just looking at it

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans