Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Bad Girlfriend

Default Are you alright Al after tornado in Nashville?

Were you or any other Pearl US guys all safe and away from the tornado that ravaged Nashville? I sure hope that you, your families, and also all of the Music City Kits are well and not affected. The Earth can be dangerous!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Registered User

No idea on the personal toll, of course, but I know the nearest tornado to Pearl HQ was not close enough to cause damage. It was about six miles away.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

3. Pearl Corporation USA

Nova - All the Pearl peeps are ok. Kevin Packard had some major tree damage and lost power in his Mount Juliet area. East Nashville, Five-points, Germantown were hit very hard, EF3 tornado in East Nashville, it intensified to a EF4 when it passed Lebannon TN just 20 miles east of Nashville. It was on the ground for an hour and traveled 40+ miles all the way to the cumberland plateau. 26 fatalities in all I believe.

We are Nashville Strong, we'll be back better than ever. Appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

4. Pearl Corporation USA

some pics of east Nashville and germantown damage.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

5. Registered User

Glad to hear y'all are okay, Al. I read the track was 800 yards wide at its widest point. That's nearly half a mile. Unreal.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

6. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Glad to hear y'all are okay, Al. I read the track was 800 yards wide at its widest point. That's nearly half a mile.
    Unreal.
    It was crazy. You see it on CNN, MSNBC, Fox when it is happening somewhere else, but it's true, it looks like a war zone just 3-4 blocks east of downtown Nashville. Same in Germantown where the Triple AAA Nashville Sounds baseball stadium is. So much destruction. I will say, I've never been more proud of how all entire Nashville community have come together to help each other out.

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

7. Pearl Corporation USA

President Trump just landed in East Nashville and will head out to Putman County later (that was hit hardest).

A few more pics

pic 1
    apartment complex damage east Nashville

pic 2
    John C Tune regional airport West Nashville Davidson County
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

8. Registered User

Seen The Winery Dogs here back last May. Hopefully they will rebuild it better!
    The Basement East
    Name:  east-nashville-the-basement.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  24.1 KB
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks

9. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    It was crazy. You see it on CNN, MSNBC, Fox when it is happening somewhere else, but it's true, it looks like a war zone just 3-4 blocks east of downtown Nashville. Same in Germantown where the Triple AAA Nashville Sounds baseball stadium is. So much destruction. I will say, I've never been more proud of how all entire Nashville community have come together to help each other out.
    Nashville is a great community city. When they have a natural disaster they all pitch in. I remember when it flooded several years ago they didn't wait on disaster relief they got busy!

10. Registered User

Glad you are ok, Al. Has anyone heard from PDF member, Ron Gerber? I know he's down that way.

I watched the video from the Nashville crane operator today. Wow!

I know it's a tragedy but this pic is art. Did you snap these yourselves, Al? Frame this one! Name:  image-3306504261.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  230.8 KB

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Glad you are alright, Al. These photos are crazy. I just ate here this past fall.

Name:  A409B270-B168-41D2-AA85-44B9B72814CD.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  49.3 KB

12. Bad Girlfriend

Yes I remember the flood that damaged Lynyrd SKynyrd's Michael Cartellone's White Pearl Masters kit and how nicely you guys restored it. I'm very relieved that the Pearl family is good and that Nashville is a tight onward community! We saw a lot of those pics on World News and I worried about my good friends.
    Last edited by nova; 03-08-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY