Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default ButtKickers and Back Rests

Has anyone had any experience with mounting a Buttkicker on the underside of a throne that includes a backrest? Can it be done? Any special parts required. Thanks in Advance,
    OBH
    My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

2. Drumoholic

Depending on the model of ButtKicker and throne, there could be some potential issues. I know there would most likely be installation difficulties with my Roc-N-Soc Nitro if I used a backrest. The ButtKicker Concert measures 5.375" by 5.375", and the Mini Concert is 3.00"x 4.75". Hope that helps.
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl - Soultone Cymbals - Evans - Vater

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by oldbatterhead View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with mounting a Buttkicker on the underside of a throne that includes a backrest? Can it be done? Any special parts required. Thanks in Advance,
    OBH
    I've used the BK Advance model that weighs 5lbs.

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Simply for discussions sake, why the need for one? I can only think of one time I’ve thought I needed to hear myself better. I never even put myself through a monitor other than my vocals. Considering the level of gigs so many of us play, it sounds like a hassle and in many cases not even possible considering the limitations of the PA.

5. NO KIT TOO BIG

If thats the sort of system you want, get a Porter and Davies, they're the most well used by the pros and theres good reason. If i could justify one i'd have it in a heartbeat. Backrests can be factory fitted, and you just run a through cable for your bass drum mic, and you have option to run aux in too if you wanted to have bass guitar through there too or something. And it sets up in seconds. Just a case of plugging the throne into the engine and the engine into the mains.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!