Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

I went rack a while back, got a decent sized kit - 3 up 2 down plus 18" floor tom on the left, quite a few cymbals.

Thought long and hard about the right kind of rack so I have what I want where I want it and also the cost. This kit stays mainly at home in the man cave for practice and occasionally gets gigged so tear down/put up time isn't important - I need an hour realistically from boot open to playing.

Went with a stealth side mount on the right (as I sit), holds 14" tom and a few cymbals including the ride which is always the most difficult to position.
    Then have a Stealth vertical mount for the snare and left crash, off of this crash stand I mount a 46" curved extension tube which is clamped to a tripod behind the hi hat which has the 3 splash cymbals attached - cymbals and 8" tom off the curved bar. So a kinda hybrid setup.

It works well, just think where you want stuff and what kind of rack suits you best. I did think about the 3 sided rack but the stealth system suits me better.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    I went rack a while back, got a decent sized kit - 3 up 2 down plus 18" floor tom on the left, quite a few cymbals.

Thought long and hard about the right kind of rack so I have what I want where I want it and also the cost. This kit stays mainly at home in the man cave for practice and occasionally gets gigged so tear down/put up time isn't important - I need an hour realistically from boot open to playing.

Went with a stealth side mount on the right (as I sit), holds 14" tom and a few cymbals including the ride which is always the most difficult to position.
    Then have a Stealth vertical mount for the snare and left crash, off of this crash stand I mount a 46" curved extension tube which is clamped to a tripod behind the hi hat which has the 3 splash cymbals attached - cymbals and 8" tom off the curved bar. So a kinda hybrid setup.

It works well, just think where you want stuff and what kind of rack suits you best. I did think about the 3 sided rack but the stealth system suits me better.
    This... Sounds rather difficult to imagine. I am interested in seeing your setup to understand what you're on about. I feel like I am deciphering an advanced calculus equation by trying to imagine your setup from your description.

Would you post a few pictures?

Also, how do you feel now that you have transitioned from stands to rack?
    LOOKING FOR PEARL VISION VX 14" & 16" FLOOR TOMS; AND 20" BASS DRUM IN JET BLACK (older edition)
    Inbox me if you want to sell yours or know someone who wants to sell theirs. Thanks.