Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Unban nik12

Default New band, new music

Hey everyone!

Name:  7E9C7007-5A7A-49A8-97F4-C4B330E6BF50.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  98.6 KB

Me and some buds from Nashville started a new hardcore band and just put out an ep yesterday. Itís only up on bandcamp for now, but itíll be on Spotify, Apple Music, etc in the next couple days. Its been about 2 years since Iíve played drums in a release and over a year since Iíve played a show, since my old band dissolved. Our first show is Friday the 21st and Iím really excited to get back on stage. Our specific genre Iíd say is metallic hardcore. Itís not for everyone, but hopefully everyone can appreciate the musicality. Iím really happy with the drum tones and the parts that I write for this, I hope yíall enjoy it!

https://blackened615.bandcamp.com/album/no-loose-ends

Kit specs:
    DW Performance, Black Mirra Lacquer
    12x9
    16x14
    22x18
    14x6.5 Udrum cast brass with diecast hoops

15Ē A Custom Hats
    20Ē A Custom Crash
    22Ē Paiste Alpha Metal Ride
    21Ē K Sweet Ride
    19Ē A Ultra Hammered China

2. Drumming Since 1943

Totally not my cup o tea but for the style it sounds pretty good. Your drumming is really impressive. Cheers.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. A Passion Play ...

Sweet rig.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

4. Chomp, Chomp

Mitch, your drumming was solid and clean. Every stroke was perfect. The vocals didn’t do it for me, but the music was great.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

5. Rockin' the Cosmos..

As a fan of the hardcore I dig it .. sounds way better than your last band with cookie monster vocals .. your drumming has improved and is solid as a rock bro .. good job

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Wow. As someone who plays much different genres but has eclectic listening taste, that was really good. The first song really brought me in. It made me listen to all 3 songs and at 6:30am, which for this genre it could be rough.

With this genre the hooks are in the riffs and your guitarist knows how to write them. Your playing is extremely solid and accents just the right parts. I particularly like the 16th note hi-hat part in the third song.

Congratulations. Good luck with this. Now get on the road!

7. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Totally not my cup o tea but for the style it sounds pretty good. Your drumming is really impressive. Cheers.
    Understandable, I appreciate the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Sweet rig.
    Thanks bud! It’s been nice not being on the road because I’ve gotten to get my rig to where I want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Mitch, your drumming was solid and clean. Every stroke was perfect. The vocals didn’t do it for me, but the music was great.
    Thanks man! I know it’s not for everyone but I appreciate the kind words, especially given that it’s not your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    As a fan of the hardcore I dig it .. sounds way better than your last band with cookie monster vocals .. your drumming has improved and is solid as a rock bro .. good job
    Thank you buddy! I think it’s a better band and I have a lot more fun with this one. Thanks for the notice of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Wow. As someone who plays much different genres but has eclectic listening taste, that was really good. The first song really brought me in. It made me listen to all 3 songs and at 6:30am, which for this genre it could be rough.

With this genre the hooks are in the riffs and your guitarist knows how to write them. Your playing is extremely solid and accents just the right parts. I particularly like the 16th note hi-hat part in the third song.

Congratulations. Good luck with this. Now get on the road!
    Thank you for the kindness, Dale! I try to listen to other styles too, I always find myself playing hardcore though which I really have the most fun playing. And I’m really happy with how that part came out too, I wrote it on the fly while we were tracking, so I was really satisfied to have come up with it on the spot. Don’t know if this band is gonna do any touring, everyone is older and 3 of the 5 are married, one has a kid and is a full time touring musician, so this is very much a passion project. If the right opportunities came up I’m sure we’d consider it, though.

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Thank you for the kindness, Dale! I try to listen to other styles too, I always find myself playing hardcore though which I really have the most fun playing. And Iím really happy with how that part came out too, I wrote it on the fly while we were tracking, so I was really satisfied to have come up with it on the spot. Donít know if this band is gonna do any touring, everyone is older and 3 of the 5 are married, one has a kid and is a full time touring musician, so this is very much a passion project. If the right opportunities came up Iím sure weíd consider it, though.
    I HATE these excuses. I went on tour for 5 weeks in Europe starting 3 days after my honeymoon. I went out for 3 weeks in the States 3 weeks after my first child was born. If you want to do it, you can.

9. Drumming Since 1943

I HATE these excuses. I went on tour for 5 weeks in Europe starting 3 days after my honeymoon. I went out for 3 weeks in the States 3 weeks after my first child was born. If you want to do it, you can.
    Not everyone is married to a woman the caliber of Briegh.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Not everyone is married to a woman the caliber of Briegh.
    Though I appreciate that, I want to say I wouldn’t be married if it took music away. Now if someone doesn’t want tour as it’s not for everyone, I understand, but that’s not the way Mitch described it. At least, that’s the way I took it.

11. Unban nik12

I get that. A lot of the guys also have real full-time jobs and have done a lot of touring previously, so we all are all getting back into the swing of being in a band again and taking it easy, which I totally get. It’s been a great experience, everyone is talented and it’s been a lot of fun.
    Last edited by MitchLyons; 02-17-2020 at 06:35 AM.

12. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Just have fun with it Mitch ... if touring comes up then so be it, but don't let that impact the passion for playing with these guys. Once the fun is gone playing music becomes stale and boring.