Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Info needed! 50th anniversary snare drum!

Hi there!

Iím looking for info on a snare drum that I recently acquired. I traded some gear for a Pearl Reference kit that is absolutely amazing! It came with a 5.5x14 50th anniversary snare drum. Iíve found that all 50th anniversary snare drums that Pearl made and sold individually are different from this one. Gold plated hoops and tube lugs. After much research it seems that these particular versions of the 50th anniversary snare were packaged with whole 50th anniversary kits made in only a few Colors. Red, teal and this black mist colour.

My question is...does anyone have more source information for this snare in particular? Itís got no markings anywhere other than the 50th anniversary badge. I was told the shell is a steam bent 1 ply maple with 4 ply reinforcement hoops. That looks accurate...although I canít confirm the wood type. The 50th anniversary kits seem to have been Masterworks model which Is why iím Posting in this forum.

Any info is appreciated. The drum is in pristine condition with the original 24k gold strainer and original 50th anniversary reso head.

Wondering what these are worth today and whatever other info anyone can provide.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Skeld-the -wicked

Welcome To the Forum Mike. I could be mistaken but Pearl Europe in 1996 Anniversary kits in 3 colors 30 of each in Natural,Forest or Emerald Green & Black Mist. I’m not sure if the snare you have was included along with the kits at that time . It looks like a MMX or MBX Snare 4ply w/ 4ply re- rings. Either way it’s a great snare.

The 50 Anniversary snare from 1996 was a steam bent single ply with no re-rings,Gold platted Hardware ,Tube Lugs and claw type tension rods. Also the inner shell should have a Certificate of Authenticity . Now I could be wrong with some of this info but pm Al Percival he will clear it up for you. Congratulations again you have one of the best snare drums Pearl has ever made!
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

3. Registered User

Thanks Skeld! I’ll follow up with Al for more info. Thanks for the tip!

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Welcome To the Forum Mike. I could be mistaken but Pearl Europe in 1996 Anniversary kits in 3 colors 30 of each in Natural,Forest or Emerald Green & Black Mist. I’m not sure if the snare you have was included along with the kits at that time . It looks like a MMX or MBX Snare 4ply w/ 4ply re- rings. Either way it’s a great snare.

The 50 Anniversary snare from 1996 was a steam bent single ply with no re-rings,Gold platted Hardware ,Tube Lugs and claw type tension rods. Also the inner shell should have a Certificate of Authenticity . Now I could be wrong with some of this info but pm Al Percival he will clear it up for you. Congratulations again you have one of the best snare drums Pearl has ever made!
    What I am taking from this is you believe it is a different model drum with 50th Anniversary badge on it.

5. Playing since 1976

I'm interested to see what Al says, as the only 50th Anniversary snare I could find on Google with CL lugs and triple-flange hoops was yours. Looks like someone swiped all of the original hoops, claws, and tube lugs, and replaced them with what you see now.

Name:  image_a9dcc22f-af2e-4aab-96f6-77440d0fa05e_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  79.5 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. Enjoy Every Sandwich

See description and images in the ad below (I've no affiliation with this drum or the seller, just passing some info along):

https://reverb.com/ca/item/26643738-...nslucent-black

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    See description and images in the ad below (I've no affiliation with this drum or the seller, just passing some info along):

https://reverb.com/ca/item/26643738-...nslucent-black
    Now that seems special and worthy of being an anniversary snare. The other one is obviously a fake.

8. Pearl Corporation USA

Our 50th Anniversary snare came with solid steel (24k gold plated) engraved counter hoops with separate tension clips and the classic tube lugs (all 24k gold plated) as well as strainer. The shell as others stated was a solid piece 1-ply maple shell. Your snare looks like original hardware have been replaced as others have stated.

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

9. Registered User

Thanks for the info Al. However I have found other similar snare drums with pics of 50th anniversary kits see attached. Was there a version of the 50th anniversary snare that was sold individually? Then another version sold with the full kits? The snares with the kits in the pics are similar to mine. Confused!!

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    What I am taking from this is you believe it is a different model drum with 50th Anniversary badge on it.
    I don’t think so as i’ve Found pics of whole Pearl 50th anniversary kits with similar snare drums. See my response to Al below with pics.

11. Pearl Corporation USA

I will ask our R&D to check.

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

12. Registered User

Thanks Al!! Any help is much appreciated!