Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Broken 1000 stand.

I have a 1000 series strait cymbal stand that had some play in gear. I pulled the pearl logo off as other suggested and found one of the screws had sheared off. This is the cause of the play however Iím baffled as to how the head got out of the housing. Anyways ... where can I get another set of screws for this piece. Also I have to work on backing out the old one.
    I don't wear cologne - chad smith

2. Registered User

Here is a photo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Not sure where you are located, but you should be able to find a replacement machine screw at a big box home improvement store or even a "mom and pop" hardware store (if they still exist). Take the good screw with you and size it on the screw gauge template that most stores have.

Same store should be able to sell you a screw extraction tool (sometimes referred to as EZ-outs) to remove the broken screw. Just have to be careful with the threads.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Not sure where you are located, but you should be able to find a replacement machine screw at a big box home improvement store or even a "mom and pop" hardware store (if they still exist). Take the good screw with you and size it on the screw gauge template that most stores have.

Same store should be able to sell you a screw extraction tool (sometimes referred to as EZ-outs) to remove the broken screw. Just have to be careful with the threads.
    Thanks. Iím working on getting it apart now. Iím hoping to save it.