Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Percussion Czar

Question Availability of BCX special order? Al Percival?

I'm looking to order my dream kit, a BCX in Lava Bubinga. I know they've been out of production for a couple of years now, but I'm guessing they keep stuff around awhile for custom orders for people that want to add to their kit, repairs, etc. Can I still special order these drums through my local Pearl dealer? I understand I'll have to wait for them, if they are available.
    Micro Kit: (Lava Red ECX) - 10x8, 13x10, 16x16 w/ Optimounts & Die Cast Hoops
    Snares: (Natural Maple) 10x6, (Amber Maple) 12x7
    Sabian Cymbals / LP Percussion / Pro Mark Sticks & Mallets / Evans Heads

2. Masterworks / Sabian

Al, from the other day...

"However as of 1.2.2020, non of the old Masters "X" series (MMX, MRX, MHX, BRX, BSX) components can be ordered. The factory will no longer accept any orders for these discontinued lines."

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854458899

Post 5

3. Registered User

BCX was a contemporary of MCX, not the older Masters series listed in Al's post, so I would say there is a chance.

4. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Don't know what sizes the OP is looking for, but GC has a used one for sale.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Pe...SABEgI_WfD_BwE

Not my kit and I have no affiliation with it or the seller, just passing on the info.

5. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDrum3 View Post
    I'm looking to order my dream kit, a BCX in Lava Bubinga. I know they've been out of production for a couple of years now, but I'm guessing they keep stuff around awhile for custom orders for people that want to add to their kit, repairs, etc. Can I still special order these drums through my local Pearl dealer? I understand I'll have to wait for them, if they are available.
    The MCX and BCX May still be available, but you won’t get the shell pack price. You’re going to have to pay for each drum a la carte at today’s prices. I’m guessing it will be about $1,000 more than the shell pack when it was last advertised. You can probably get a shell pack of something higher on the Pearl food chain for about what you’d pay for the BCX a la carte. Remember, the list price for a BCX was $2,500. You’re list price today will be about $3,500. Even if you get 50% off, you’re still going to pay about $1750. There are brand new BCX kits in other finishes being sold for $1,100. You’re really going to take a huge hit when you go to sell them.
    Also, you do know that the finish on the BCX is not a Bubinga veneer?
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

6. Percussion Czar

I checked out that GC one the other day. However, it appears to have been taken down. They were the wrong sizes anyways. Looking for 18x20 bass, 10x12 mounted, and 12x14 mounted.

7. Percussion Czar

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    The MCX and BCX May still be available, but you won’t get the shell pack price. You’re going to have to pay for each drum a la carte at today’s prices. I’m guessing it will be about $1,000 more than the shell pack when it was last advertised. You can probably get a shell pack of something higher on the Pearl food chain for about what you’d pay for the BCX a la carte. Remember, the list price for a BCX was $2,500. You’re list price today will be about $3,500. Even if you get 50% off, you’re still going to pay about $1750. There are brand new BCX kits in other finishes being sold for $1,100. You’re really going to take a huge hit when you go to sell them.
    Also, you do know that the finish on the BCX is not a Bubinga veneer?
    Yeah, aware of all the above, including the finish. Unfortunately, there is nothing currently in the Pearl lineup that speaks to my tastes in size and finish that wouldn't be either Masterworks or Reference series. I just can't afford those. Maybe when I was single, but the accountant (my wife) would never approve that these days! I've been trying the last couple of years to talk her into letting me buy an $1800 Martin acoustic! "It's not your primary instrument...blah, blah, blah..."

8. th droids yerlookn4

i was hoping an 8x7 in piano black, might be hiding under a bass somewhere:

9. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    Al, from the other day...

"However as of 1.2.2020, non of the old Masters "X" series (MMX, MRX, MHX, BRX, BSX) components can be ordered. The factory will no longer accept any orders for these discontinued lines."

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854458899

Post 5

BCX (Birch) drum components have been added to the list of individual drum components that are no longer available for purchase or special order. They have been discontinued.

MCX (maple) drum components are still available but by special order only.

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

10. Percussion Czar

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    BCX (Birch) drum components have been added to the list of individual drum components that are no longer available for purchase or special order. They have been discontinued.

MCX (maple) drum components are still available but by special order only.
    Oh, it's a sad day! I always liked the MCX too, maybe Wine Red or the Quilted Bubinga Sunburst. Thanks for the response Al!

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

If it has to be special ordered anyway, why not just get a Masterworks? Are you looking specifically for that BCX lugs?

12. Percussion Czar

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    If it has to be special ordered anyway, why not just get a Masterworks? Are you looking specifically for that BCX lugs?
    One word...price!