Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. YOU POST, I PLAY.

Default Acquired a monster Paiste Ride

I've found this online... Discontinued in 2011. It's as heavy as my 22" Heavy Bell Ride from 2004 (custom) but it has that characteristic B20 alloy sound. I'd say it produces a ping that is a little more 'buttery' than the HBR. Both rides weight around 4,100 grams
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    My YouTube channel - old school Metal and Progressive covers.

Drum Gear:
    Paiste, Tama, Gibraltar, Danmar, Rhythm Tech, Aquarian, LP, Vater, Wuhan.

Recording/Mixing Gear:
    Mackie 1640i, Senheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, Shure, Apple, Logic, Ultimate Ears.

2. A Passion Play ...

Nice score. Great condition too.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

3. Playing since 1976

Nice-looking cymbal Nick! I know a good video will be coming. What song do you think you will record with your new ride?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Wow.

5. YOU POST, I PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Nice-looking cymbal Nick! I know a good video will be coming. What song do you think you will record with your new ride?
    Thanks, I don't know yet which song. I have not played in many months so I'm totally rusty and I have blisters on my fingers from rehearsing a few hours in the last two days. I'm working on a not well known 22 minute piece from an obscure band but is a nice challenge - many odd time signatures. I might play something a bit easier while I'm trying to get my chops back lol
    Last edited by ws6freak; 01-30-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Drum Gear:

Recording/Mixing Gear:
    Mackie 1640i, Senheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, Shure, Apple, Logic, Ultimate Ears.

6. Thwunk

Wowza, that is a monster. I'm not the biggest Paiste fan but the Twenty series is pretty great...
    HHX hats, K crashes, K & Bosphorus rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 5.5x14 / Ludwig Black Beauty 5x14, COB Supraphonic 6.5x14 / Pearl Mahogany Classic Limited Edition / Sonor D505
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / SonorLite (Scandinavian birch)

7. YOU POST, I PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelling_Sheep View Post
    Wowza, that is a monster. I'm not the biggest Paiste fan but the Twenty series is pretty great...
    I've recorded a long 22 minute cover using this Metal Ride. I start using this cymbal around 14:53 and I can say I am a bit disappointed with its cutting power. It's a very heavy cymbal but it doesn't have nearly half of the cutting power my 22" Heavy Bell Ride has.

I mostly play ride cymbals using the shoulder of the stick on the body of the cymbal to really open it up and produce a VERY loud ping, but this cymbal I think was conceived to be played with the tip of the stick. Not very "metal" at all....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUVvz-O1glo

Drum Gear:

Recording/Mixing Gear:

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelling_Sheep View Post
    Considering the Twenty Series is the one series Paiste has made with B20, it doesn’t surprise me that if there is only one someone likes this would be it. It’s the closest to what most traditional sounding cymbals are like.

9. Unban nik12

That looks insane. Iíve been looking for the perfect ride cymbal over the past few months since I gave up on my mega bell and right now Iím using a 22Ē Alpha Metal Ride. Itís got a pretty solid ping and a great bell, not bad find for $100! Itís a decently rare bird too, but doesnít quite blend with my Zildjians as well as Iíd like. If you ever decide to get rid of this guy, please let me know! I didnít even know that this one hit production! If you get the chance to upload some clips, Iím sure I wouldnít be the only one interested in hearing it. Congrats on the score!

10. YOU POST, I PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    That looks insane. Iíve been looking for the perfect ride cymbal over the past few months since I gave up on my mega bell and right now Iím using a 22Ē Alpha Metal Ride. Itís got a pretty solid ping and a great bell, not bad find for $100! Itís a decently rare bird too, but doesnít quite blend with my Zildjians as well as Iíd like. If you ever decide to get rid of this guy, please let me know! I didnít even know that this one hit production! If you get the chance to upload some clips, Iím sure I wouldnít be the only one interested in hearing it. Congrats on the score!
    I don't plan to sell it anytime soon. Take a look at post #7 above, there's a link to my drum cover using this cymbal. Thanks!

Drum Gear:

Recording/Mixing Gear:

11. Pearl Corporation USA

I liked your playing on that 22 minute tune. The drums and cymbals sound great. The ride did seem to get lost.

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

12. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by ws6freak View Post
    I've recorded a long 22 minute cover using this Metal Ride. I start using this cymbal around 14:53 and I can say I am a bit disappointed with its cutting power. It's a very heavy cymbal but it doesn't have nearly half of the cutting power my 22" Heavy Bell Ride has.

I mostly play ride cymbals using the shoulder of the stick on the body of the cymbal to really open it up and produce a VERY loud ping, but this cymbal I think was conceived to be played with the tip of the stick. Not very "metal" at all....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUVvz-O1glo
    Skipped over this post on accident, I completely get where you’re coming from though. I recently picked up a 24” Meinl MB20 Pure Metal Ride (Meinl’s heaviest ride) and I was surprised at how underwhelming it was. I think with such heavy cymbals like that, it takes a very hard hit to get that ride to “activate” but you can’t really do much other than play it with the tip and I think your ride is in the same ballpark as far as design goes. I hope that makes sense. I got the Meinl for $200 and sold it for $350 so I definitely still benefitted in the end!