Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Mimic Pro with double bass

I have a pearl export double bass kit. I'm using the mimic to provide an extra layer to my live sound using acoustic heads triggered with electronic sound through the
    PA. With overheads for the cymbals.

Am I being thick, or does only the kick setting allow for multi layered sound. My second kick is in aux two. I am using single zone yamaha triggers on the bass drums.

2. th droids yerlookn4

what i would do if im triggering my basses is run a split mono cable from the bass triggeri/o on the module , essentially, cloning my trigger input its like running a split on a 2 zone trigger,, but when you use i believe the "mono" cables as opposed to trs "stereo" cables
    ...instead of spliting the two different channels, you get two copys of the same output (i.e two bass triggers)

im probanly explaining this wrong, but i hope it gives you an idea
    Last edited by 2 basses4life; 01-25-2020 at 09:14 PM. Reason: double post

3. th droids yerlookn4

what i would do if im triggering my basses is run a split mono cable from the bass triggeri/o on the module , essentially, cloning my trigger input its like running a split on a 2 zone trigger,, but when you use i believe the "mono" cables as opposed to trs "stereo" cables
    ...instead of spliting the two different channels, you get two copys of the same output (i.e two bass triggers)

im probanly explaining this wrong, but i hope it gives you an idea

im not sure why you'd want to use a whole trigger space up on a bass trigger but, this would address that issue as well, perhases the aux slot doesnt have the same tuning possibilities as the main assigned trigger inputs do, im not familiar with the mimic
    Last edited by 2 basses4life; 01-25-2020 at 09:20 PM.

4. Enjoy Every Sandwich

That plan has got to work. You even posted it in stereo.