Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Feedback Greatly Appreciated re: Wood Fiberglass Chrome Kit-Vintage 70's from Taiwan

Hello fellow percussionists. I recently bought a 5-drum kit Pearl Wood Fiberglass Chrome Vintage 70's, for $500 in exceptional condition for it's age (50 years) and am going to add: a brand new Pearl Hardware set and 3 like-new Zildjian cymbals (crash-ride) so I'd like to ask you what you think such a drum set would be worth (either just the 5 drums by themselves or the entire kit as described. Thank you so very much. You may contact me directly at:
    gamecopiesbytr(at)aol(dot)(com). Tom Name:  VPDS.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  63.2 KB

The snare drum is also part of the original kit but was lacquered in black.
    Last edited by tr8drummer; 01-21-2020 at 12:42 PM. Reason: to add comment

2. Registered User

3. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by tr8drummer View Post
    Hello fellow percussionists. I recently bought a 5-drum kit Pearl Wood Fiberglass Chrome Vintage 70's, for $500 in exceptional condition for it's age (50 years) and am going to add: a brand new Pearl Hardware set and 3 like-new Zildjian cymbals (crash-ride) so I'd like to ask you what you think such a drum set would be worth (either just the 5 drums by themselves or the entire kit as described. Thank you so very much. You may contact me directly at:
    gamecopiesbytr(at)aol(dot)(com). Tom Name:  VPDS.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  63.2 KB

I think $500 is on the high side for those. Without a crystal ball we have no way of knowing what Zildjians or hardware you’re going to choose. A 20” ride can range from $100 to $450. Is your bass drum sitting on gravel?
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

4. Registered User

Sorry for the delay in responding. The person I bought these from took pics outside and he had them on gravel. My kit is now inside my home on carpet.
    Thomas