Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Roland SPD-SX Editor

Has anyone used the Roland SPD-SX Editor softare and if so is it worth buying?

Thanks.

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I believe I received it for free with my recent purchase. I’ve yet to check it out.

3. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBG.Drums View Post
    Has anyone used the Roland SPD-SX Editor softare and if so is it worth buying?

Thanks.
    Definitely - it will greatly reduce the time it takes to build a patch, especially if you are changing a lot of parameters (sample playback type, mono\poly, mute groups, loops etc). Also, you can definitely feel comfortable using it - it's not produced by Roland, but it has our stamp of approval (I do part-time work for Roland Canada). We have been packaging a free download recently with newly purchased SPD-SXs.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MilesAway View Post
    Definitely - it will greatly reduce the time it takes to build a patch, especially if you are changing a lot of parameters (sample playback type, mono\poly, mute groups, loops etc). Also, you can definitely feel comfortable using it - it's not produced by Roland, but it has our stamp of approval (I do part-time work for Roland Canada). We have been packaging a free download recently with newly purchased SPD-SXs.
    Thanks for your advice I took the leap the other day and it already has saved time just by automatically converting samples. Must be awesome to work for Roland!

5. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBG.Drums View Post
    Thanks for your advice I took the leap the other day and it already has saved time just by automatically converting samples. Must be awesome to work for Roland!
    Glad to hear you are digging it! I'm glad someone out there took the time to develop this software - the Wave Manager software that comes with the pad is great for quickly importing and assigning sounds, but the SPD-SX Editor gives you so much more control. Working for Roland has been great! The team here in Canada is awesome, and I've used the gear my whole life.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Is this a disk that comes with it?

7. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Is this a disk that comes with it?
    The current promotion (in Canada, anyway) involves registering your new SPD-SX purchase online, after which youíll receive a free download code for the editor program, and a bunch of extra samples. Iím not sure if the US is doing the same.

8. What's in YOUR stickbag?

This may be silly, but is this what we are talking about? https://spd-sx-editor.com/

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

That looks good, but how do guys suggest connecting it to my MacBook?

Did this cost $39.99 for you Miles?

10. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by StickS707 View Post
    This may be silly, but is this what we are talking about? https://spd-sx-editor.com/
    Yes!

11. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    That looks good, but how do guys suggest connecting it to my MacBook?

Did this cost $39.99 for you Miles?
    There are two USB connections on the back of the SPD-SX... there is a type-a plug for a thumb drive, and a type-b to connect to your computer. Make sure your SPD-SX is in “wave manager” USB mode, not “audio/midi” USB mode.

It cost me the $CDN equivalent of 39.99, yes. I bought it a while ago.