Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default The LOVE for my late 90s Prestige Session series continues...

After many config attempts with the HUGE Prestige Session kit I acquired last February, I finally settled on this favorite set up. Believe it or not, the 18" floor tom conversion is really doing it for me over the 22" that came with the kit and holds its own in both tone AND volume! It sounds amazing and I can easily see myself playing out with this kick as long as it's mic'ed in an outside environment. Feast your eyes on the 8,10,12,16 toms complimented by the 13" timbale off the hi-hat stand, 18X16 kick and massive 8X14 Luddy Supralite snare. I minimized my preference for kick mounted toms by using a single non-penetrating Pearl tom holder for my 10 and 12 toms. One of the BIGGEST advantages to utilizing an 18" kick is having a nice low tom placement which I've always preferred...Name:  MVIMG_20200114_065041.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  92.1 KBName:  MVIMG_20200114_065258.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  80.4 KBName:  IMG_20200114_065223.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  97.0 KB
    10 pc. Pearl Session Series SRX in #125 Teal lacquer. 4pc Tama Superstar classic maple kit in Silver Snow metallic lacquer. Zildjian Custom A 14" Projection hats, 17"Projection crash, 18" Sabian AAXplosion crash and 20"Sabian AA Rock ride. Tama Iron Cobra pedal/hi-hat, Pearl hardware.

2. Rodgers and Jordy!!

2016 PDF FFL Regular Season Champion 11-1 Record

Nice set up and love the color and the wood grain poking through.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

3. Registered User

Thanks! The teal color was my favorite from that era along with the wine red lacquer they offered at the time.
    10 pc. Pearl Session Series SRX in #125 Teal lacquer. 4pc Tama Superstar classic maple kit in Silver Snow metallic lacquer. Zildjian Custom A 14" Projection hats, 17"Projection crash, 18" Sabian AAXplosion crash and 20"Sabian AA Rock ride. Tama Iron Cobra pedal/hi-hat, Pearl hardware.

4. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Looks to be a great kit. Congrats!

Two quick questions for you.
    1.) What's the story on the timbale? Is that something that Pearl offered or did you cut down a tom?
    2.) What's up with the cymbal, boom arm on the (image) right/ throne left? Other than potentially blocking the door in the image, is there any reason you want it pointing back into the kit? Actually, now that I look at it, looks like a great place to mount a cowbell. Just curious at to your motives...

5. Registered User

The timbale is actually cut down from a 13" tom I wasn't using. It was the only odd sized tom so I had it cut into two 13X5 timbales. The other one has a broken lug from too much tension so I'm just using the one with the Pearl badge.

The boom placement on the left cymbal stand just ended up there as I like everything in close and tight and it can't just be set up as a straight stand so I had to angle it in.

6. Pearl does it for me

Thanks for sharing

I'm half torn. it's a great kit with a beautiful finish. From the late 90's.
    Great to see it's also in the Session sub forum.
    It's a little awkward but vintage, at least for drums, for many in this sub section of the PDF, is at least 25 years old (as distinct from the modern day version of vintage being a nicer name than "used" ).
    Some might go further, and say 80's barely fits "vintage".
    Some go further still and say only 60's or 70's...