Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Masterworks / Sabian

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    The Garden is the PERFECT song to end the final album of their career. I feel lucky to have been able to see it performed live. And yes, that solo is “up there” with the greats, CN I included.
    Totally agree. The Garden was awesome live during the CA tour. Alex’s solo is perfect and one of my top 3 favorites. I didn’t give that song due diligence until after the concert in Bridgeport.

2. bangin since '95

Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    Totally agree. The Garden was awesome live during the CA tour. Alexís solo is perfect and one of my top 3 favorites. I didnít give that song due diligence until after the concert in Bridgeport.
    That's a song I liked when it came out, and it became much more meaningful once I saw it live. I saw them twice on CA, once on both legs, and I believe it was the second show where I was sitting behind a few guys in their late 20's/early 30's, they couldn't have been much older than me at the time, and they had their wives and girlfriends with them. When they played The Garden, they all stood up, arms wrapped around each other, beer in hand, and were singing along with every single word. That's still probably the most magical moment I've ever seen at a concert. That song has been one of my favorites ever since.
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Satin Aztec Gold Metallic -Sabian Cymbals-Pro-Mark Sticks-Remo Drumheads

3. Pearl Corporation USA

saw this on Facebook this morning. shared by a friend. Sounds about the way Neil would have wanted it............ no fuss.

still hard to take, like looking a close family member.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I watching this while beating on my pad trying to remember how to play the parts I once knew.

Attachment 516336

5. formerly TubCrusher

Like everyone else here, Neil was the reason. I was already playing snare drum in school, but once I heard Rush, the kit was inevitable...

Fast forward to around '95, I was building drums with and for another guy. He gets a call from Larry Allen (Neil's tech at the time) and Larry said Neil had a cocobolo snare that was stolen and he wants to replace it. However, he has to hear it first. So we build snare to the specs given, send it off, then hope and wait. Finally a check arrives from Anthem Entertainment. He liked it!

A couple years later, we were humbled and excited to see the snare on the rack of snares in the studio with him in his video. In his "top 10" at the time. Ironically, the only thing Modern Drummer didn't like about a different snare they reviewed, was the large badge. This badge was what made the drum pop out to us in Neil's video, A Work In Progress.

Name:  Drum One.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  115.6 KB
    Never take life too seriously, 'cause you'll never get out alive!!

My Dirty Little Collection..

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Great story! That’s something to tell the grandkids for sure.

7. Drumming Since 1943

That IS a great story. I wore that tape out in college.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

If anyone is interested in listening to Neil’s books, they are available for free until 1/28.

https://www.audible.com/author/Neil-...R13801112002W5

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    If anyone is interested in listening to Neil’s books, they are available for free until 1/28.

https://www.audible.com/author/Neil-...R13801112002W5
    Wow. What a great way to celebrate his literary contributions.

I’m reading tribute article after tribute article. The sheer breadth of sources is staggering: NYT, NPR, etc. He touched more hearts and minds than even I knew. I’m still tearing up over this. He was one of those who seemed immortal. Turns out, it was only for a limited time...
    Way Too Much Crap