Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Drum recordings rehearsal room Death Metal

Hello everyone,

haven't been active here for a decade.
    Just started to upload new videos on my channel. My last post is around 8 years ago.
    This vid is from my current band, we play death metal, like I mostly do.

It is good to be back, wonder how many of you from the past are still active here.

https://youtu.be/uRGjSO2Nwgg

Feel free to comment.

Greetings
    Last edited by deepcut; 01-12-2020 at 03:53 AM.

2. Drumoholic

Right on man, welcome back! I think I remember you. I was active on and off for the past 10 years.

So, question: Where are you sourcing the audio from? Is it just the camera audio, or is that the actual stereo mix that we'er hearing in the video? Keep on rockin!
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl - Soultone Cymbals - Evans - Vater

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by pearlreference7101 View Post
    Right on man, welcome back! I think I remember you. I was active on and off for the past 10 years.

So, question: Where are you sourcing the audio from? Is it just the camera audio, or is that the actual stereo mix that we'er hearing in the video? Keep on rockin!
    Thx man, it is the sound from my GoPro 8 camera, acoustic from the rehearsal room. I just mixed the guitar track into the sound from the GoPro.
    Cheers

4. a.k.a. YtseJam

Solid playing but I have a hard time hearing the kick, probably because of the gopro. You could try attaching an external mic to it, at least mine has that option, and any mic is better than the built in one.

5. Drumoholic

Quote Originally Posted by deepcut View Post
    Thx man, it is the sound from my GoPro 8 camera, acoustic from the rehearsal room. I just mixed the guitar track into the sound from the GoPro.
    Cheers
    Ok cool! I was thinking that was the case, but I wasn't sure.
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl - Soultone Cymbals - Evans - Vater

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    Solid playing but I have a hard time hearing the kick, probably because of the gopro. You could try attaching an external mic to it, at least mine has that option, and any mic is better than the built in one.
    Thank you, I will upload a video with the sound from our cd later. As far as for new videos , I will mic the kicks or send the trigger samples through an amp.

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    Here is a new version, mixed with the sound from our recordings.
    https://youtu.be/386cKQNLTuk