Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Hello, just joined the Masters family 😁

Hello everyone i wanted to share my upgrade. I had a Pearl Session Studio Classic which was great but I wanted to upgrade. I originally was going for a Pearl Masters Maple Complete Absinthe Green Sparkle that was used on Guitar Centers website. After my trade in the last minute i went with a Masters BCX in Gold Bronze Sparkle. I hope i made the right choice in the BCX over MCX but only time will tell. I got a heck of a deal on my trade in plus 10% off my Masters and free shipping, so i only paid 420.00 for the kit. I will use the kit mostly for recording drum covers. Anyway i joined the Masters family and cant wait for it to be delivered
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Pearl Masters BCX Golden Bronze Glitter
    Zildjian A Custom cymbals

Ludwig Classic in Cherry lacquer
    Paiste 2002 cymbals

2. Bad Girlfriend

I love the Golden Bronze Finish on The BCX. You got it on a steal! Join The Masters Army! Welcome!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

3. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Great price...Great Kit. Congrats!

4. Chomp, Chomp

I think you made a wise choice. The BCX is definitely a step up and Pearl no longer offers anything close to that price point with die cast hoops.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by broken_sticks84 View Post
    Hello everyone i wanted to share my upgrade. I had a Pearl Session Studio Classic which was great but I wanted to upgrade. I originally was going for a Pearl Masters Maple Complete Absinthe Green Sparkle that was used on Guitar Centers website. After my trade in the last minute i went with a Masters BCX in Gold Bronze Sparkle. I hope i made the right choice in the BCX over MCX but only time will tell. I got a heck of a deal on my trade in plus 10% off my Masters and free shipping, so i only paid 420.00 for the kit. I will use the kit mostly for recording drum covers. Anyway i joined the Masters family and cant wait for it to be delivered
    That sounds like a nice deal. Your new BCX finish is called Golden Bronze Glitter. The flakes are much larger than what you normally see in sparkle finishes.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 3.19.05 PM.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  82.4 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    That sounds like a nice deal. Your new BCX finish is called Golden Bronze Glitter. The flakes are much larger than what you normally see in sparkle finishes.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 3.19.05 PM.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  82.4 KB
    thanks when i first saw the kit i thought it was a wrap. it wasnt until after i ordered it i researched the finish and discovered it was lacquered which blew me away. at first i went with BCX because i thought it would be easier for my drum cover recording the lacquered finish is a plus

Paiste 2002 cymbals

7. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by broken_sticks84 View Post
    thanks when i first saw the kit i thought it was a wrap. it wasnt until after i ordered it i researched the finish and discovered it was lacquered which blew me away. at first i went with BCX because i thought it would be easier for my drum cover recording the lacquered finish is a plus
    you will not be disappointed and you stole that kit like others have said! I will be interested in your review when you get it. Congrats!

8. Rim Shot Drummer

wait a minute ; $ 420.00 ( four hundred and twenty dollars) for a New Masters?
    Join Me ! I am a Pearl Customer

9. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickDC View Post
    wait a minute ; $ 420.00 ( four hundred and twenty dollars) for a New Masters?
    Patrick my friend, you need to read the whole sentence. It’s $420 plus his trade. I think we’d all be jumping on the kit for $420.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

10. Rim Shot Drummer

i did see plus the trade. But was his kit really worth as much. I imagine the hardware on the bass drum to be worth 420.00
    Join Me ! I am a Pearl Customer

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickDC View Post
    i did see plus the trade. But was his kit really worth as much. I imagine the hardware on the bass drum to be worth 420.00
    I think the guy who handled my purchase just looked up what they are selling for on eBay. He told me he wasnt a drummer so he seemed to not know what he was looking at. He said he had to get approval from the store manager and i thought "there goes that estimate" but for some reason the manager was busy with something else. After 45 minutes he just told the employee what he quoted was fine so i took it and ran with it. I had the Session, a Gretsch cymbal stand, and a 18 Zildjian Planet Z crash. My trade ins totaled 705.00 and with the 10% off i got the kit for 1122.00 with tax paid 417.00 cash

Paiste 2002 cymbals

12. Registered User

Sometimes you get lucky when dealing with Guitar Center. I took my Visions in one time with my Decade Maples and got close to 800.00

But other times you don't. I had a Ludwig and the guy told me "were probably not gonna be able to give you much, you might be better off selling yourself" i got 300.00 for that kit. He seemed to be in a bad mood and didnt want my kit in the first place. It's a hit or miss with GC

Got 49.00 for a Zildjian A Series crash one time

Somebody on the Pearl drums4life FB group got a Masters MCX Absinthe Sparkle for 236.00 because it was mismarked.

The thing with GC is they have everyone handle everything instead of each employee in charge of their dept. If you get somebody from, say the audio dept. handle your trade in, chances are you will walk out ahead. But if somebody knows what they are looking at grab the lube

Paiste 2002 cymbals