Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Skeld-the -wicked

It sounds like you did well in your deal with GC. Last summer I wanted to trade my 4 pc MRX in for a 5pc MHX. They said I would do better selling it myself compared to trading it . The MHX was $850.00 and I sold the MRX for $650.00 compared to GC’s trade price of $450.00.

My local GC has a great staff at (Brookfield Wi) they really care about keeping customers happy. Congratulations Broken Sticks on your new Masters !
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

2. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Welcome to the Masters Family!

Congratulations Broken Sticks84, on your newly acquired Masters BCX kit in gorgeous Golden Bronze Glitter!

Let us know what you think once you get everything dialed in, but we know that you’re going to love your Masters kit as much as we love ours.
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

3. Registered User

Well to update everyone so far. It has not been a fun few days. I received my set on time last week but due to my hectic work schedule i didnt get to it until the weekend. I actually took some time off work so i could set up and play these but, i didnt get passed unboxing the bass drum and i discovered a huge crack in the hoop. After talking on the phone pretty much all morning last Friday I boxed everything back up and took the set to Guitar Center. Despite them re assuring me they would make things right (which i knew they would) i was upset I took time off work to do this and cant.

The next day i spoke with the store at first they were just gonna have Pearl make me a new hoop, but they told me they opened everything up and found the bass drum shell was cracked too. They told me the initiated a return for full credit and shipped out another set with upgraded express shipping. Should be here tomorrow but i probably wont get to it until the weekend. I am glad Guitar Center was true to their word but this isnt the first time this happened with them and this happens often.

Anyway ill report back with another update and hopefully some pics when I can 😊
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Pearl Masters BCX Golden Bronze Glitter
    Zildjian A Custom cymbals

Ludwig Classic in Cherry lacquer
    Paiste 2002 cymbals

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by broken_sticks84 View Post
    Well to update everyone so far. It has not been a fun few days. I received my set on time last week but due to my hectic work schedule i didnt get to it until the weekend. I actually took some time off work so i could set up and play these but, i didnt get passed unboxing the bass drum and i discovered a huge crack in the hoop. After talking on the phone pretty much all morning last Friday I boxed everything back up and took the set to Guitar Center. Despite them re assuring me they would make things right (which i knew they would) i was upset I took time off work to do this and cant.

The next day i spoke with the store at first they were just gonna have Pearl make me a new hoop, but they told me they opened everything up and found the bass drum shell was cracked too. They told me the initiated a return for full credit and shipped out another set with upgraded express shipping. Should be here tomorrow but i probably wont get to it until the weekend. I am glad Guitar Center was true to their word but this isnt the first time this happened with them and this happens often.

Anyway ill report back with another update and hopefully some pics when I can ��
    Sorry to hear that. I used to have a set with your Bronze Glitter as a base. I added a black fade to it with black hardware. This kit was sold to a police officer in Australia... and he loves it. I thought you might appreciate these pics while you're waiting for your replacement kit.

Name:  gongdrumsmall.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  118.1 KB

Name:  frontkitcloseupsmall.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  143.1 KB

Name:  timbalerolandsmall.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  133.3 KB

If you want to see more pics (and a bunch of my past Pearl kits), you can check them out here.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by broken_sticks84 View Post
    Hello everyone i wanted to share my upgrade. I had a Pearl Session Studio Classic which was great but I wanted to upgrade. I originally was going for a Pearl Masters Maple Complete Absinthe Green Sparkle that was used on Guitar Centers website. After my trade in the last minute i went with a Masters BCX in Gold Bronze Sparkle. I hope i made the right choice in the BCX over MCX but only time will tell. I got a heck of a deal on my trade in plus 10% off my Masters and free shipping, so i only paid 420.00 for the kit. I will use the kit mostly for recording drum covers. Anyway i joined the Masters family and cant wait for it to be delivered
    Awesome set and great buy! Just know that if you are joining the Master's Army you have to go though Lonnie a.k.a. Nova. And seeing as how you are buying a Master's set AND have owned Red Drums, well, yeah, Lonnie will be your man!

6. Registered User

Everything was delivered yesterday so I'm ready for round 2!

Everything seemed to go okay I inspected and didnt notice any damage.

I also ordered an Ambassador bass drum head and a double Falam Slam pad
    Last edited by broken_sticks84; 01-25-2020 at 02:34 AM.

Paiste 2002 cymbals

7. Registered User

All unboxed and set up. I went with Zildjian A Custom cymbals

Paiste 2002 cymbals

8. Playing since 1976

Very nice. That has quite a bling to it. Enjoy your new set!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

9. Bad Girlfriend

There's an invitation to the Masters Army in Black Diamond's Signature. Just Click on it and you can post pics and be a happy Pearl Drummer. Put the words Masters Army in your sig. Love the Golden Bronze Sparkle BCX! That is a beautiful kit!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

10. Rogue Ex-Mod

Welcome to the Master's Family! I love my birch Masters kit, I think you'll really enjoy playing this set. Congrats!
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

11. Spirit WARS inside..

Nice grab! Pearl does some pretty good birch! Awesome glitter finish!!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

12. A Passion Play ...

Sweet looking rig. Glad you got the kick sorted out.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...