2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    Here it is.
    Thanks.

3. Registered User

Thought this was very well done.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Thought this was very well done. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAPS...xQR_2RuNPd5uA7 cNdmHpqbPZ2CLq4TvQ
    It was well done. But zero drums in it. I get it but then I don't. Hats off to the service men and women of the United States Armed Forces!

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Thought this was very well done.

That was great. It’s the only way anyone should cover Rush. That or a punk version, but good luck with that one.

6. Drumming Since 1943

I’m in tears. Jesus. This keeps hitting me from different directions.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Registered User

I don't mean to sound like an *****, and I agree that Peart was a great loss to his family and close friends.

But the music and drum community lost him when he said and meant it " I'm done with drumming" " I've done that and I'm done with it and want to get on with the rest of my life!"

I'm paraphrasing here, but the sentiment is there.

With the way things turned out I honestly wish he'd left drumming and touring 10 years ago.

That being said I hope the man and his name and legend can truly rest in piece.

I would like to compare it to John Bonham. It was 1980 people. Was he great? Yes. Did he inspire? Yes! Is he dead? Yes.

I just hope 40 years from now( when I'm 90 ) that people aren't still saying " here's a tribute to Neil Peart !"

Let the man rest.

I know the wounds are still fresh with NP and I mean no- ZERO disrespect to Neil, his family, Rush or any member of the PDF or the the drum and prog / hard rock / rock /community.

I feel saddened by the loss too. But he was done playing. From what I've read, he didn't really enjoy it that much anymore. His last tours were for his fans and band mates. He gave us his all and we should be good with that.

I'm sorry for how I feel and am sure there could be some backlash for my comments. I am in no way making lite of his loss or anyone's feelings here.

I'll never forget when I discovered 2112. I was 11 or 12 and played that vinyl LP or repeat. I bet it was 6 months before I got around to listening to side 2.

I took in every note and beat with great joy and bliss.

I wonder would people sing John Bonham praises had he not died? What if Zep still toured but JB was a worn out old man like many drummers become and was excluded from the tour like Bill Ward of Black Sabbath

Or Bonham still played but couldn't do all of his foot trickery. Would he be ridiculed like Lars Ulrich for losing his touch? ( no Lars comments please )

Again, I mean no disrespect. I'm
    Just asking ... Will Neil Peart truly rest in piece with 50 more years of undying love from strangers that he truly would feel uncomfortable with?

8. NO KIT TOO BIG

Payed a little tribute to the prof in the studio this evening, donning the BBnG Drumming hat that i've used for a few years (As NP did) to keep his headphones from sliding around and the sweat out of his eyes. Was certainly thinking of him while laying down some drum tracks for an artist/producer.

Name:  86184702_2459659174284459_2237651517102358528_o.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  74.7 KB
    Name:  86284451_2459659200951123_7289589876851212288_n.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  88.7 KB
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

9. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I don't mean to sound like an *****,But the music and drum community lost him when he said and meant it " I'm done with drumming" " I've done that and I'm done with it and want to get on with the rest of my life!"
    your mentality on this is odd .. music/drum community lost him when he died .. he may have said that but he was still ALIVE and not LOST .. he was still PLAYING wasn't he?

From what I've read, he didn't really enjoy it that much anymore. His last tours were for his fans and band mates. He gave us his all and we should be good with that.
    to put it simply ... there's more than life than being in a band .. your friends and family are what matter in the end

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    your mentality on this is odd .. music/drum community lost him when he died .. he may have said that but he was still ALIVE and not LOST .. he was still PLAYING wasn't he? to put it simply ... there's more than life than being in a band .. your friends and family are what matter in the end
    I don't believe he was still playing. I could be wrong but I believe it's a no.

Friends and family ARE all that matter. That's why I said " I wish he'd retired 10 years earlier. "

For he'd had more time with his family and friends.

11. Drumming Since 1943

I don't believe he was still playing. I could be wrong but I believe it's a no.

Friends and family ARE all that matter. That's why I said " I wish he'd retired 10 years earlier. "

For he'd had more time with his family and friends.
    Marty, I know you’re a good guy but your meandering post is... curious. Almost a “sorry/not sorry”-type thing.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

I truly don't mean it that way.

If talking about past performers brings the speaker joy, who am I to say it's wrong.

Honesty mean no disrespect.

My neighbor died from cancer. She was a sweet lady. Way to young to pass. It hurt her daughter greatly. It's been 5 years now. But I see when she brings up " mom " in public people cringe and feel awkward and start inching away.

I try to comfort her the best I can but it makes me uncomfortable too.

I loved Nirvana and was really disappointed and saddened with Cobains death.

But as years went by and i matured I realized Kurt was a junky. I like his music just as much but had I actually known him, would I wanted to hang out with him when he was in that state.

" hey, you want to play some music ?"

" no, I'd rather go score some H."

Not a fun time. NP was a very private person. So private we didn't know he had cancer until it killed him. He wouldn't want to hang out with me.

John Bonham was a great guy until he got to drinking and then was an abusive personality.

Don't want to hang out with him.

Both great drummers from great bands. But I don't feel an emotional connection to them.

Again, I didn't mean to disrespect anyone here or any post about NP. If it brings comfort to the surviving fans to recollect, good. Everyone needs comfort in life.